AUDI SERVICE RESET

Thank you for this! I read the other day it has to be reset with a vagcom! I'm gonna have a go in a sec, mine does realistically needs a service tho, it hasn't been done for a year! But it says it not due for another 8000 miles

Thank you for this! I read the other day it has to be reset with a vagcom! I'm gonna have a go in a sec, mine does realistically needs a service tho, it hasn't been done for a year! But it says it not due for another 8000 miles
It can be reset with vag com not sure if it HAS to be...
Maybe for variable servicing and not for cars set to fixed service...

Think it's worked! Buzzing with that, I still need a service soon really still but stops it annoying me! Just need to top my washer fluid up to get rid of that annoying animation too

yeah some can't be done like this, or even the one touch in VCDS with the sri reset, you need to adjust 3 adaptions.

Reactions: TimWills28
It's the Facelift post 2008 cars that need vcds to switch of the service light.

Reactions: TimWills28 and LEE69
Most useful vids out there. Good work geez.

My S3 has 2 service indicators - Time and distance (10K/1 Year) And Longlife (20K/2 Years)

You can reset the T&D one manually but you need Vagcom/VCDS to reset the longlife one.

(Mine's a March 2009 Facelift)

Sorry pulling off the subject, my last service I had was classed as "long life" does this mean it won't need doing for another year?

Sorry pulling off the subject, my last service I had was classed as "long life" does this mean it won't need doing for another year?
Fixed is 10,000k 365 days
Long life is not really fixed it just depends on how you drive you car I think if you drive more than 12,000 miles a year, regularly drive motorway distances or your car is less than 7 years old then you can have it set for this and I will go off when you need it which may be 2 years or 20,000 miles

But most peeps have seen oil after 2 years and don't like the look of the "long life" stuff

Fair enough mate, going to get it booked in for mid March and get service, I was going to drop the oil myself and get a service in another few thousand, but I want them to haves look at my haldex too and make sure all the oil is tip top all round! Also did it take you about 7 goes to get on this thread Tim?

Long Life was intended for business users who drove large distances in a relatively short time frame. The oil service times were dictated by the oil quality sensor which is fitted under the sump. For us mortals who do a lot less miles than the business men, forget about Long Life servicing, just do a yearly oil service regardless of what the service indicator says. I'm not a vcds user but I'm sure you can remove the Long Life element from the car.
You can do the Haldex oil change as well, no need to just look at it.

Yh i do oil myself and general service but I always go Audi one year then myself one year then Audi again etc...

Yh it's playing up mate I'm using Safari

Long Life was intended for business users who drove large distances in a relatively short time frame. The oil service times were dictated by the oil quality sensor which is fitted under the sump. For us mortals who do a lot less miles than the business men, forget about Long Life servicing, just do a yearly oil service regardless of what the service indicator says. I'm not a vcds user but I'm sure you can remove the Long Life element from the car.

This is spot on! Mortals lol

I've looked at my service book and it doesn't say anywhere that they have changed my haldex filter... Only topped up? I'm just going to buy a filter and oil for my haldex, engine oil, oil filter and pollen filter for my service at a garage? Plugs were changed 8000 miles ago, I'm not missing anything here am I lads?

I've looked at my service book and it doesn't say anywhere that they have changed my haldex filter... Only topped up? I'm just going to buy a filter and oil for my haldex, engine oil, oil filter and pollen filter for my service at a garage? Plugs were changed 8000 miles ago, I'm not missing anything here am I lads?

That seems like it mate...

Any ideas where to get the haldex oil and filter from, I was hoping euro parts would have it :/

Hey @TimWills28 hope you are well mate.

Tried this on my 08 S3 8P just a minute ago and following the long pull it actually said "Oil change in..." and has reset that, but not the service service message, still says exceeded by 200 miles etc...

Any idea why it's defaulting to "Oil service"?

Will depend on how your service has been set ie longlife etc.... i needed to reset mine using vagcom as the button method doesnt reset the service indicator only the oil reminder

Reactions: tonydata
Hey @TimWills28 hope you are well mate.

Tried this on my 08 S3 8P just a minute ago and following the long pull it actually said "Oil change in..." and has reset that, but not the service service message, still says exceeded by 200 miles etc...

Any idea why it's defaulting to "Oil service"?

I've noticed some newer cars cannot be reset using the pull method and only respond to VCDS.

Reactions: tonydata
Will depend on how your service has been set ie longlife etc.... i needed to reset mine using vagcom as the button method doesnt reset the service indicator only the oil reminder

Mine poss the same... Cheers!