Audi S5 2009 gearbox oil + filter?

vivalacoulter

Reaction score
Afternoon all!

Could anyone tell me whether they have serviced their early S5 gearboxes?

My S5 is a 2009 so is basically the normal auto box with paddles and not the later twin clutch DSG kind.

I've been on the phone to my local Audi but they're adamant that the gearbox is sealed for life. I never like the sound of that, I'd rather make sure that the gearbox oil is clean to maximise its life.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG 0312

VAG so called gearbox "life fluid" is tosh .

The same garage apparently told my friend with an S4 3.0 that his was sealed for life too! There's quite clearly a service interval for his as well.

I wonder why they don't want to do them.

I believe the TripTronic is different to the Multi-tronic and S-Tronic. You can get the service done for the MT and ST for £175 under the fixed price services, but the TT is a different kettle of fish.

They argue its for life, but as above I highly doubt it, and it costs around double to get Audi to do it....

Well I've just been on the phone to MRC who should get back to me soon. Could be worth a road trip :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same garage apparently told my friend with an S4 3.0 that his was sealed for life too! There's quite clearly a service interval for his as well.

I wonder why they don't want to do them.

It was to make the servicing look cheap and some planned obsolescence out of warranty so the gearbox wasn't as sweet .

Wrongly blaming wear n tear and end up renewing a car .

Reactions: vivalacoulter
It was to make the servicing look cheap and some planned obsolescence out of warranty so the gearbox wasn't as sweet .

Wrongly blaming wear n tear and end up renewing a car .

Just charming. He's up for a trip up to MRC too, he wants the gearbox/diff oil change and a map while he's there. Looks like a good road trip for us from South Wales :)

I doubt i'll keep up on the return journey though...