AUDI S3 STRANGE TPMS ERROR

adamk2021

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this forum so please bare with me. I recently purchased a used audi s3 8v saloon 2014 s tronic. I have noticed a very strange problem with a tpms error on the dash. Whilst driving i notice the tpms light comes on intermittently but whenever the light comes on it kicks in the engine fan too. It lasts for a few seconds about 10-15 seconds and once the tpms light goes away the engine fan also stops. I notice it happens intermittently but mainly the problem first occurs when i put my foot down harshly on the accelerator. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening? I have recently had to change the waterpump and thermostat unit very strange fact is that it was actually replaced 5 months ago and it had failed with a big crack in the housing. Im starting to think this problem may somehow be related to the engine fan kicking in maybe there is a cooling problem elsewhere causing too much pressure to build in the waterpump resulting in the crack just 5 months in but it just doesn’t explain why the tpms light comes on at the same time? I have checked both engine oil temp and coolant both seem completely normal. Oil temp sits around 100 and coolant also around the same mark. Any help will be appreciated