audi s3 8v

Jonq

Reaction score
Hi

Any ideas??? I own a s3 8v sportback 18k. Got a deep rumbling sound when turning at low speed ( parking) both backwards and forwards both ways. Hit a pothole on 8k and blistered the original Pirelli AO tyre. No replacements at all available anywhere. Cardiff audi told me to replace with a similar Pirelli tyre !!!!! Constant tyre pressure issues and traction control kicking in . Got Pirelli uk involved due to the issues. 4 new tyres put on . Two weeks later car broke down I lost 1st, 3rd, 5 th and 7th with a clutch engagement fault error. Got audi assist to tow me home and the gear box was reset by Cardiff audi!!!!!!!

Ever since I have had this horrible rumbling sound for nearly 12 months. It’s been in twice to told there’s no noise. ?????? Finally went in for 20k service and they have admitted there is a noise ??

Any ideas or similar issues with anyone ????

The cars going in on the 23rd July for a 3 Rd time . I’m thinking it’s a gearbox or Haldex issue .

By the way the Pirelli AO tyre is 40mm in diameter different to most standard tyres hence the issues mentioned !!!!!!

Could be damaged suspension components or bad CV joints.
You should get it checked by a qualified technician or dealer asap.

I had a small slide on oil/diesel into a kerb around 15mph a while back and it ended up costing £4K+
2 wheels and tyres ,suspension components ,new hubs as the car was rumbling at speeds above 20mph. Tracking was out as well so 4 wheel laser alignment done as well.
Modern cars are designed to fall apart to save occupants and pedestrians so get it checked out.

Last edited:
I had a small slide on oil/diesel into a kerb around 15mph a while back and it ended up costing £4K+
2 wheels and tyres ,suspension components ,new hubs as the car was rumbling at speeds above 20mph. Tracking was out as well so 4 wheel laser alignment done as well.
Modern cars are designed to fall apart to save occupants and pedestrians so get it checked out.
Hi cheers for the reply , car has been laser tracked by audi and checked previously twice by them when getting new tyres fitted , nothing found at all????

If this issue is not sorted on the next visit I am escalating it to audi uk. They are dropping the haldex oil and filter on the 23/7/19 too see if there is any major swarf / debris on the pick up magnet ??? If not let them keep

Could be damaged suspension components or bad CV joints.
You should get it checked by a qualified technician or dealer asap.
As the thread says been to Cardiff audi twice already all the cv joints etc are all good and suspension components , the cars only 18 months old cheers anyway

All sorted, nothing damaged at all as previously explained, the haldex oil was analysed and not right, degraded !!!???? Haldex oil and filter service FOC fault completely gone !!!

Just to point out , the more launches performed , the haldex oil can be affected before the usual 40k service. ??? Mines been launched about 12 times as I was told from the cars log.