Audi S3 19" Black Alloys

Stuart Gibson

Reaction score
All,

I'm after a bit of advice or wisdom. I brought my AUdi S3 8VS in February and it came with factory satin black 19" alloys, now I've been thinking that I'm not a massive fan of the black alloys on the car. I have looked on Ebay and i get find a set of reps for £550, but i would much prefer to keep the alloys genuine if possible, yet again, i know they wont be cheap to replace.

What would be the best way to sort this?? replace alloys or get the original resprayed??

Thanks Stuart

Genuine alloys are a lot better quality than replicas. Finish and strength.
I would just refurb them to any colour you want, pink if it tickles our fancy :wink new:

i was thinking the same, genuine is always best. Anthracite and Diamond Cut would be best :thumbs up:

yes, just ensure you choose a reputable firm and they will look ace in anthracite or diamond cut.
Getting them diamond cut will probably set you back around £120 per wheel, so overall cheaper than non OEM wheels

There was a video floating around a while ago about replica wheels. It was on a merc. Hit a pothole and the genuine wheel was fine and the replicas broke into pieces.

yes, I would stay away from replica, but if I did go non OEM, it would be TUV approved like BBS or OZ.

Here is the video you mentioned

Reactions: Stuart Gibson and AlS3BE
I’d Paint them.

Reactions: Stuart Gibson
All,

I'm after a bit of advice or wisdom. I brought my AUdi S3 8VS in February and it came with factory satin black 19" alloys, now I've been thinking that I'm not a massive fan of the black alloys on the car. I have looked on Ebay and i get find a set of reps for £550, but i would much prefer to keep the alloys genuine if possible, yet again, i know they wont be cheap to replace.

What would be the best way to sort this?? replace alloys or get the original resprayed??

Thanks Stuart
Swap for some original 18 inch ones from a PFL

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic. Can’t think which ones you are are in about.

Reactions: Rolly12
Definitely not swapping for 18” want to keep standard 19” for the saloon

All,

Thanks Stuart

I am a bit of a loss, you state your purchased S3 (new or used ?) came with factory black wheels? I an not aware of any all black 19" alloys that are factory fitted on the S3. Are you sure you have OEM wheels. Or is it the older black optic package that came with black wheels with a diamond cut finish. If those are the ones, paint them and retain the diamond cut, which would be way cheaper.
Buying aftermarket wheels means looking at the quality and you get what you pay for. Plus ET, fitment now comes into play and in most cases you can not use the factory wheel bolts, you have to buy hub rings and tapered wheel bolts of the correct length.