Audi RS1 Info / Rumour Thread

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw an article in this weeks Autocar about the forthcoming Audi RS1
The mag was saying around 280bhp & available in 3 & 5door to rival the current F56 MINI JCW and the forthcoming VW Polo R

Found a couple of links too -
http://www.theaudicars.com/news/audi-hints-rs1-could-happen/
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/08/audi-rs1-could-be-coming-to-2017-geneva.html

CwMdBE5KXRAKDQYAGhdZHhsGCRYQBBEUBBoQWQobW1dCQlFMREpFU1gFFQYCF1xTW0ZWQlpCXExDVEpEVFVHVkxNHRkT.jpg

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
I still think they should shoe horn in the 5 cylinder RS3 Engine and make it about 400 bhp. How much fun would that be.

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins, jimojameso, PastS1Owner and 4 others
Now your talking that would be mental.

As much as I would love to see this make production, I just can't see it happening. It doesn't make any sense to possibly launch such a car that will be seven years old in its life cycle.

Let's hope I'm wrong!

Reactions: DTYME83 and Scottien
As much as I would love to see this make production, I just can't see it happening. It doesn't make any sense to possibly launch such a car that will be seven years old in its life cycle.

Let's hope I'm wrong!
Audi's RS strategy was always to launch them late in the life cycle of the model, like they did with the first RS3. They moved away from that somewhat more recently, but there is a strong precedent.

I still think they should shoe horn in the 5 cylinder RS3 Engine and make it about 400 bhp. How much fun would that be.

Otherwise it is not an RS and would be a complete waste of time IMO, however there is room to fit the IMM system inas they had the same issues with the A1 Quattro clubsport
DTYME83

Not much news coming out about the forthcoming Rs1 at the mo :think:

Not much news coming out about the forthcoming Rs1 at the mo :think:
I just can't see it happening. A mixture of it coming to late in the A1's life span and the fact that Audi has so many RS models at the moment. Look how long it has taken the TTRS to hit production, and the RS3 saloon not hitting production until late next year! Both announced well in advance of them being made available to us punters.

Who knows. The new Top Man at Audi Sport said he wants 7 new RS models in the range so it might actually happen.

For all we know it could be an RS Q5, there are so many cars in the audi range that could potentially be turned into an RS. The big question is there are market for the RS1 . Just because we would like to see one, doesn't mean Audi necessarily think there is a market for it. Audi are gonna wanna shift units as that seems to be the name of the game these days

Just because we would like to see one, doesn't mean Audi necessarily think there is a market for it. Audi are gonna wanna shift units as that seems to be the name of the game these days
:iagree:

i love the sound of this. a manual rs1 could tear me away from my s3...
The trouble is if they don't increase the S3 output from 300 ish bhp then it's only ever going to be maybe 250 to 280 bhp. I would love them to shoe horn in the 5 cylinder unit from the rs3. How much fun would that be ? :laughing:

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins
Still have a Good Feeling, about this- -
Geneva Motor Show!

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins
I'm caught in two minds really. The 5 pot would be absolutely amazing, but they'd almost definitely go dsg only. If they put the current s3 lump in, it'd already been mated with a manual, and a couple of tweaks can have it pushing 380-400bhp, that'd be dreamy!

But whilst I'm dreaming, let's bang the new ttrs lump in, manual box and big fat dirty arches!!! HAVE MY MONEY AUDI!! :moneywings::moneywings:

Wont happen.
Would be too quick if they put the RS3 lump in it.

Reactions: DTYME83
Wont happen.
Would be too quick if they put the RS3 lump in it.

Yeh wasn't so much a serious post, more dreaming! Audi are getting more and more serious every year, they'd never do it. They prefer to build clubsport concepts, like "look what we could do!! But that's just for us"....

Reactions: Ian Whiffen and SPIKE_
just to let you know I was going to hold out for the rs1 instead of the s1 but the guy who deals with me shown me the list of cars what he received from audi the cars that are being released next year. and it isn't going to be released any time in 2017 or it might not be at all hope I'm wrong

What RS models did you see on the list?

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

rs8 the one that stood and rs3 saloon and just a q2 sure there was another new q model aswell it was back in July when I seen it mate

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins and Terminator x
yea be sweet if had the money rs3 realistic target for me 2 years hopefully unless rs1 does come out

yea be sweet if had the money rs3 realistic target for me 2 years hopefully unless rs1 does come out

You're on exactly the same trajectory as me, mate! Disillusioned with a Black Edition A4, thrilled with a Vegas Yellow S1 and saving hard for an RS3.

that's the way . bit dissapounted with quality of build with s1 brakes squeaking like crazy clunk's when in reverse and now windscreen is cracked there's no stone chip taking it up tonight

Funny that. I too had squeaky brakes until Mintex Ceratec 'permanent' lubricant sorted it. Clunking is just a 4WD fact of life and my windscreen cracked the day after collection of my S1.