Audi Pre Sense Warning

thefunkygibbon

Reaction score
Hi all,

Driving today and I had an alert on my dash saying about Audi Pre Sense. As far as i know, my S5 doesn't have the upgrade (safety pack?) to do that, it doesn't have ACC/LA so doesn't have the extra sensors in it which do that. So I'm a little confused as to why I got the Pre-Sense warning (i was driving slowly behind two idiots walking in the middle of the road oblivious to me behind them, in Sainsburys earlier today when it went off).

Any ideas?

ok so a bit further looking it seems that A5/S5 comes with Pre-Sense City. never knew that.
annoyingly it uses a camera behind the mirror, the same camera which (if my cupra is anything to go by) does the lane assist.. so it must be just a software enablement for that. anyone know if it's possible to enable it via VCDS?

You can change the sensitivity of the pre-sense in the MMI. Three settings - High Medium Low

It just beeped at me. I've not got the balls to try to attempt testing if it applies the brakes. Also I got the alarm go off this afternoon whilst going about 70mph so I'm back to the confused state of mind given that the pre sense city should only care about speeds up to 50mph. :-/

ok so a bit further looking it seems that A5/S5 comes with Pre-Sense City. never knew that.
annoyingly it uses a camera behind the mirror, the same camera which (if my cupra is anything to go by) does the lane assist.. so it must be just a software enablement for that. anyone know if it's possible to enable it via VCDS?
I believe you should be able to use this method to enable lane assist https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4...ctive-lane-assist-all-cars-pre-sense-2907906/

You can change the sensitivity of the pre-sense in the MMI. Three settings - High Medium Low

Sorry buck, being stupid, but where is that option exactly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe

Im away st the minute so from memory...

Select car in the MMI.
Click the left button next to the MMI dial

You should have a menu of options. Pre sense is in one of these settings.

Reactions: Joetidman
also check in the manual's index for pre-sense city, it tells you where in there.

Reactions: Joetidman
It is under menu, car, left button, driver assist and audi pre-sense. Or just put your feet up and read through the manual ;-)