Audi Manufacturing Status?

CrashEd

Reaction score
My new A4 Avant is currently in build (well, it's been built but is going through QC before being shipped).

Does anyone know what the current status is with Audi's manufacturing with respect to recent events? It looks as though my car is being built in Belgium, according to MyAudi, but I thought they were built in Germany?

I've contacted my dealer several times, but they are yet to get back to me with any useful information. The media seems to be pretty unreliable too. Does anyone have any hard facts?

So close, yet potentially so far...

Only thing I'd seen was a report that VW was closing all European factories after the end of the last shift today. I'd assume that was all brands under the VAG umbrella. Unless yours has already left the factory then it might be caught up in the closures although I think I've seen some say that their car was saying it was in QC but had actually arrived at the dealers.

Reactions: CrashEd
All A4's are built in Germany and in Belgium they produce the A1 and electric vehicles...

Only thing I'd seen was a report that VW was closing all European factories after the end of the last shift today. I'd assume that was all brands under the VAG umbrella. Unless yours has already left the factory then it might be caught up in the closures although I think I've seen some say that their car was saying it was in QC but had actually arrived at the dealers.

That’s good to hear, hopefully mines either on it’s way or close to being with the dealer.

All A4's are built in Germany and in Belgium they produce the A1 and electric vehicles...

It says Brussels via the production tracker on the Audi website, but it was my understanding that they were made in Germany (Ingolstadt?) as well.

Attachments

• 498EC491-FA6D-4826-A0AF-D16CFD654A7F.jpeg
    498EC491-FA6D-4826-A0AF-D16CFD654A7F.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 130
Probably yet another error of the tracker

Thanks, yes I was convinced that the dealer said it was Germany. No bad thing, I think the German boarders are still open to goods transport. We’ll see...

I did hear back from the dealer and they said that they’d heard nothing to the contrary and that it was business as usual. Again, I guess time will tell...

Reactions: cuke2u
My car is in transit - Yay! :yahoo:

Now every non-essential workplace in the country has been closed - Boo! :crying:

Audi have today posted this in facebook:
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
Our customers, colleagues and communities are at the heart of everything we do.
With the rapidly developing COVID-19 situation we are following government advice, and working with our Audi Centre network to take the appropriate actions to maintain the safety of customers and staff.
Our Audi Centre network outlets are working responsibly within their communities and complying with government advice. Enquiries in many locations continue to be welcomed via telephone and digital contact.
For everyone’s safety and convenience, if you need urgent vehicle maintenance, please check your local Audi Centre service availability by telephone or visiting their website.
We have also implemented temporary closures of our factories across Europe as a measure to ensure the health of the workforce and to play our part for public health.
This is a fast moving situation, but Audi will continue to work closely with all our partners and communities, to ensure the wellbeing of all.

Sytner have quoted this, so we shall see:

‘Our workshops will however remain open until work already booked in is complete and will then support the sales teams to prepare purchased cars for delivery to our customers. Once this has been completed, our workshops will close to customers, with a number remaining open to support key workers.’