Audi Magnetic Ride Suspension

Fozzer

Reaction score
excuse my ignorant but does the S3 8V has this type of suspension??

Reactions: Jimbob76
Thanks Danny, I have the Saloon and 19’’ wheels will now read up on what it does lol

Thanks mate, will check out your link, I have still a lot to learn on the S3, just an old dinosaur really.

As well as the info above, Drive Select is the section explaining how the settings work.
Efficiency is the work of the devil in a car like an S3 lol
The Individual setting allows you to tailor the various bits to suit your needs. I like a lot of Dynamic settings but have the suspension on Comfort or Auto for the roads I drive on.

Thanks, those are my settings too but engine and gearbox on Auto, although this may change soon.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
I use the Individual setting also, with all set to Dynamic apart from suspension and gearbox which are both set to Auto. The latter if set to Dynamic holds onto gears far too long for my liking when using a gentle right foot, which will have a negative effect on fuel consumption. Its easy to temporarily drop it into Sport should I feel the need. :D

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Audi Bairn
As well as the info above, Drive Select is the section explaining how the settings work.
Efficiency is the work of the devil in a car like an S3 lol
The Individual setting allows you to tailor the various bits to suit your needs. I like a lot of Dynamic settings but have the suspension on Comfort or Auto for the roads I drive on.

Ah what’s the matter with ya, I just stick it in dynamic and be done with it lol

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Pook and Jimbob76
Mag-ride is a compulsory upgrade if you opt for 19” wheels on the Sportback (can’t comment on other variants), and well worth it IMO.

I’ve driven a mates S3 on 18”s (without mag-ride), and genuinely believe the ride is better, more comfortable, less bouncy/crashy on 19”s with mag. Counter-intuitive, but bigger wheels with mag = better ride

Reactions: Audi Bairn