1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi Magnetic Ride Suspension

Fozzer Sep 16, 2018 at 2:18 PM

1. Fozzer

Fozzer New Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Saloon S3 Saloon S tronic

excuse my ignorant but does the S3 8V has this type of suspension??

Jimbob76 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Dannymoto

Dannymoto Active Member Team Sepang Audi S3 quattro S3 Saloon S tronic

Yes, it comes with the 19” wheels. Standard on the saloon models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob76 likes this.
  4. Fozzer

Fozzer New Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3 Black Edition Navarra Blue Classic Saloon S3 Saloon S tronic

Thanks Danny, I have the Saloon and 19’’ wheels will now read up on what it does lol

5. Dannymoto

Dannymoto Active Member Team Sepang Audi S3 quattro S3 Saloon S tronic

Me too! Well worth having, you can feel it when you change driving modes. Have a read of this:

https://www.audi.co.uk/glossary/a/audi-magnetic-ride.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Fozzer

Thanks mate, will check out your link, I have still a lot to learn on the S3, just an old dinosaur really.

7. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

As well as the info above, Drive Select is the section explaining how the settings work.
    Efficiency is the work of the devil in a car like an S3 lol
    The Individual setting allows you to tailor the various bits to suit your needs. I like a lot of Dynamic settings but have the suspension on Comfort or Auto for the roads I drive on.

8. Fozzer

Thanks, those are my settings too but engine and gearbox on Auto, although this may change soon.

Audi Bairn likes this.
  9. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter Black Edition S3 Saloon

I use the Individual setting also, with all set to Dynamic apart from suspension and gearbox which are both set to Auto. The latter if set to Dynamic holds onto gears far too long for my liking when using a gentle right foot, which will have a negative effect on fuel consumption. Its easy to temporarily drop it into Sport should I feel the need. :D

Flying Scotsman and Audi Bairn like this.
  10. Tom.H

Tom.H Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Ah what’s the matter with ya, I just stick it in dynamic and be done with it lol

Audi Bairn, Pook and Jimbob76 like this.
  11. Jimbob76

Jimbob76 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 Black Edition Sportback

Mag-ride is a compulsory upgrade if you opt for 19” wheels on the Sportback (can’t comment on other variants), and well worth it IMO.

I’ve driven a mates S3 on 18”s (without mag-ride), and genuinely believe the ride is better, more comfortable, less bouncy/crashy on 19”s with mag. Counter-intuitive, but bigger wheels with mag = better ride

Audi Bairn likes this.