Audi Driver International 22nd Oct. Who's going?

Was a good day out. Although I was expecting it to be bigger with more car and trade stands, but what was there was still good.

Big respect to Rich A3 Turbo for taking me out on the track in his car. Boy does that thing fly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hope you find out what the noise was.

Good to put some faces to names also.

Cheers to Joe and Rich for the company on the way down (By the way I could hear what you guys were saying on the walkie talkies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Finally I think I will have to get my car on the track next year as I enjoyed the three parade laps at the end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I was leaving myself a gap between the car in front then booting it through the corners and up the straights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We need pictures though guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hiya guys, nice to meet you all, had a great time! apart from the 120mph speed nearly got caught lol, mind you Joe was hittin 150 at the time, lol, Joe think i got flashed on m42, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutted hope you didn't get flashed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You should have followed me! I kept to a nice steady 80-90 and stuck to all of the speed limits /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
many thanks to Markb for leading us to the meeting point, we took the scenic route, and it was damn quick! Forget Satnav and Tomtom, we now have Marknav, hes got a 14" screen in his car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , the return trip was a good viewing aswell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the job though. Although I couldn't really have a passenger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
See you guys there next year(That's if I still have an Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

Not thinking of changing?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, managed to hit 150(kph) on the way back as it was clear for a little stretch, then drove like a grandad for the rest of the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Where abouts on the M42 bud? no active cameras AFAIK, unless the overhead signs have a speed displayed

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...had a great day out guys was itching to get on the track but could'nt for obvious reason. The drive back home along the M5 with Joe made up for it....150 (errhmmm 150kph) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Kept up with you all the way to 145 then your extra 6th gear kicked in and started to pull on me slowly, was fun till we met the plod on the bridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's why you guys went past to go a bit quicker oh well.

I hope the two cop cars on the bridges that I saw didn't see you!

[ QUOTE ]
Not thinking of changing?

[/ QUOTE ]
No plans to change Mark, but you never know what can happen in 12 months...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, managed to hit 150(kph) on the way back as it was clear for a little stretch, then drove like a grandad for the rest of the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Where abouts on the M42 bud? no active cameras AFAIK, unless the overhead signs have a speed displayed

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah...had a great day out guys was itching to get on the track but could'nt for obvious reason. The drive back home along the M5 with Joe made up for it....150 (errhmmm 150kph) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Kept up with you all the way to 145 then your extra 6th gear kicked in and started to pull on me slowly, was fun till we met the plod on the bridge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that's why you guys went past to go a bit quicker oh well.

I hope the two cop cars on the bridges that I saw didn't see you!

[/ QUOTE ]

I slowed down to 80ish, then saw the plods on the bridge, so should be ok /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Only downer of the day was some prat driving an Audi UK supplied new shape S4 into a parked up TT, after completing a timed lap of the slalom course, then legging it out of the circuit, but he was caught in the end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
tt.jpg

It was a good day, i too enjoyed meeting people, i would like to thank crash for bringing the bumper, and the spares guy for selling me some votex skirts brand new for a silly cheap price

[ QUOTE ]

Big respect to Rich A3 Turbo for taking me out on the track in his car. Boy does that thing fly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hope you find out what the noise was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Mark. Hopefully next time it will be on form! I think that the engine mounts are on their way out..pretty sure now it was the downpipe hitting on some heatshielding.

Next time i will have actually prepeared for the track too! pads were on their way out bit as was fluid!

Was great to meet lots of new faces and familiar ones too! Was a good day all in all!

Glad to see that the AS.N stand had a great turnout! Sadly didnt get to meet all of you guys. Next time!

Rich

Yep great day, missed a lot of people also........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Posted a thread on general chat so the 'others' can join in too!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was on route yesterday, got called back to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif didn't get that far so as soon I finished set off again. got there very late.
didn't see the Audi-Sport sign (as in picture above)... sorry I missed you guys yesterday.
some very fast and impressive cars on the track... couple of old TTs parked up looked very clean... Would have like to get on the parade, maybe next year... For the short time I was there it was very good, but missed all the comps. and would have liked to have a go on the driving experience. did anyone have ago, what was the prizes?

Yep good day did not have much time to chat to anyone as I spent most my time running around and trying to reset the radio in the 2.8 to no avail.

So please accept my apologies if I was a little unsociable.

Anyway here a couple of pic's of the two crashed cars involved in that 16 year old kid who took the S4 for a spin and then crashed it as everyone knows.

CrashedTT.jpg

S4crashed.jpg

Hi all,

Had a really good day at CC! Good to meet all of you...

Thanks to everyone for turning up and making the stand so good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Anyone got any more pics?

[ QUOTE ]
I have plenty but need to re size and edit out reg numbers..
will post then..

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool

and... I cant believe that Audi didnt ask for proof of age/license etc.. I saw quite a few kids having a blast in the S4's.. lets be honest, they're a bit of a handful in a confined space... dread to think what I would have done in one at the age of 16/17!
Hope this doesnt put Audi UK off coming back.

Guys,

I forgot to do this yesterday but we have two prizes courtesy of Swansea Audi (Sinclair group) for the best two cars on the stand...

PM me your nomination for best car (only nominate 1 car) by end of play wednesday and I will anounce the winner and runner up...

Cheers
Rich.

Looks like you guys had a good time, keep the pics coming.

And why was a 16 year old driving an S4!!!

Mmmm.... best car on our stand.... thats a toughy, is there a prize for filthiest car on the stand though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

And why was a 16 year old driving an S4!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts how could a 16 year old get behind the wheel , surely driving liscence would be checked usually at this kind of event,

hi, cheers for a great day out to all who organised, got to meet a few people, but lost amongst all the shiny bits for sale, and of course removing the engine from the back of my car. so sorry if i come across as a bit distant!
got to say that yes bad that a 16 yr old crashes into somebodies pride and joy, but agree that some proof of age and license should have been asked for. who could have stopped the guy getting away woth the car if he really wanted to take it from the show?
anyway enough complaints, still enjoying the sounds of cars hurtling past like mrc s4!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I didn't love the way it flew past me about an inch away from my wing mirror as I was pulling into the pits - but maybe that is just me....

Thats what 475bhp and a sequential gearbox does for you... I notice that Keith didnt lift the bonnet on that thing all day!...it must be a secret!

Anymore nominations?

I will end the vote at 9PM tonight...

Come on!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got second place in the Audi driving experience beaten by 2 tenths of a second.Had a great day out.

[ QUOTE ]
Rich, did u get my nomination?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Thanks...

And the winners are:-

1st place - Docurley
2nd place - Markb

Thanks again to Swansea Audi for donating two prizes.

1st prize - Official Audi merchandise - Audi Umbrella
2nd prize - Official Audi Merchandise - Audi baseball cap

Guys if you can pm me your home addresses I will get them posted to you..

Cheers
rich.

Cheers for voting me guys. As it happens I was actually after a baseball cap after the one I bought on holiday was too small!

Anyway well done Docurley, you got my vote.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jump.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
What no money!!!!
Thought they would at least chuck in a Turbo kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Only kidding,

Have to say Thanks every one for voting for me considering I did not get a chance to chat to many people.

MarkyB you got mine, thought your car look very sweet.

I have to say I thought our stand was one of the best there for variety of cars and quality of cars and it was only the first year for Audi-Sport.net

Maybe we can get something going for more events next year.

Once again thanks

yeah well done chaps, very nice cars indeed, and yeah we had some fine examples on show, even if mine was the only DIEsel there!!

[ QUOTE ]
MarkyB you got mine, thought your car look very sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate, and likewise for yours.

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say I thought our stand was one of the best there for variety of cars and quality of cars and it was only the first year for Audi-Sport.net

Maybe we can get something going for more events next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it was a good stand, and yes I would like to do some more events next year. So lets have a look and see what events will be taking place next year when the dates have been decided.

GTi international, E38, etc...

Mark

Yeah im with you on this one Mark defo!