Audi Diesel engine question

harley141213

Reaction score
I’m sorry if this has already been covered but I’m still fairly new to this forum

I’m probably miss informed, but I’m sure I’ve read various things about the 2.0 tdi that is in most model ranges. Things from oiling issues, ticking time bomb etc, but I think I’ve also read somewhere that these issues had since been rectified?

My issue is that I’m looking for an A5 coupe manual. I’d set my my sights on the 3.0 tdi to avoid any issues with the 2ltr engine.

There are none local to me that are 3.0 tdi, yet loads that are 2.0 tdi, all with nice colour/ wheel combination, good spec with all the toys and yet well in budget

Is there anything untoward with the 2.0tdi

Thanks
Sean

The VAG 2.0 TDI engine is probably one of the most commonly used diesel engine types, used in variations, in a range of cars and vans, across the World. I suspect you are referring to the problem with the "balance shaft" in the oil pump which failed on a worryingly large sample of cars built up to 2010. There are one or two large threads to read about this on this forum.

Looking at a 2.0tdi S-Line black edition to 5 coupe tomorrow. Fash 2 owners and 135k
Looks mint, red with black gen rs6 wheels.
Deal available at 6200
What do we think?
Some say mileage is but a number? If backed with good history

There’s loads of invoices as well as comprehensive service records

I’m very tempted

If it's done 135,000 miles cruising up and down the motorway (and had good engine oil servicing) things like the clutch and suspension won't be too worn and so should be good for 200,000. Personally, I would l prefer an engine south of 100,000 but every car has its price :sneakiness: