1) Once the 3 month Connect trial expires on my MY18 (yet to be delivered), can I continue using Connect by tethering it via wifi to my iphone in-car? I have plenty of data (30GB) each month on my EE 4G sim only plan so don't mind using up data this way. I won't have any tech pack, just a standard black edition trim.
2) Do you get a better 3G/4G signal by using the embedded sim in the car (versus tethering) as I presume that uses the cars external antennas? W
1) You should be able to get this extended.
2) Only uses the embedded sim for data, not text, email or voice calls. If you've the phone box as it then allows the phone to use the external aerial.
3) Cubic Telecom, http://www.cubictelecom.com/Projects/Audi which I think uses the EE network.
I had the same issue with my A6. The problem is they extended the Connect licence but the A6 has a separate licence for the text message dictation (Not sure about the A4 is I'm ordering on Saturday!) and they didn' extent that licence and it took 3 months to sort out!
I dont use twitter and I couldn't find the live chat so I phoned Audi customer services on 0800 699 888 (dont pick any options just wait and you'll be connected to an advisor)
The man I spoke to said Audi haven't got any pricing in place for Audi connect yet so they're offering everyone a 1 year extension for free. He took some details down and said the requests go directly to the headquarters in Germany and they reactivate it there, it'll take up to 5 working days to reconnect (I dont need to do anything on my end)
I’ll also add that their online chat extended mine. It won’t expire for another 2 months so I thought I’d ask early before they stop doing it for free. Chap I spoke to didn’t care that it hadn’t yet expired and just extended it for the rest of the year. I’ve had no notification that it’s been completed so I’ll just have to wait and see. All he wanted was my Reg number