Audi Air con service

andicole0

Reaction score
Should I have this done on a 2 year old car? Seems rather excessive to me.
Cheers.
Andi.

It was part of the Second Year Service for me.
I was surprised at it coming round so early.
Can't recall any such services on my previous cars, although only kept for 3 / 4 years at a time.

Detail includes:

AirCon Service:£65.83
Includes:
ACS: £46.14
Anti Bac Cleaner: £10.21
Refriger: £9.48

(All excluding VAT of course.)

Saying that, it was also said that the Brake Fluid change was part of the Second Year Service as well, although some have said that this should start at the Third Year Service, then every two years.

Can't say that I've noticed anything at all with the AirCon Service (not expected to), although I'm content with the Brake Fluid Change.
Like tyres, I do like to think that I can grip and stop if / as necessary.

Last edited:
I had my 1st oil service this year, they told me that next year will be another oil service and the year after the main service. (8000 mile per year)

Air con can mess up if you have it turned OFF for long periods of time...even in the winter.

Just had a look on 'my Audi' online servicing schedule and unable to see anything for the Air con for my car so I assume it is only needed if it is not up to pressure or other fault is shown or it's starting to smell. The brake fluid change is definitely stated as after three years and then every two years .

Interesting that on the other family cars that go to an independent they test the brake fluid and change if required rather than at fixed periods. Without checking, it probably is every three years anyway but I am happy with that approach as at least you know it is tested each year at service.