Audi A6 Quattro 2.0 TDI (190ps) - MPG and Efficiency

sid786x

Reaction score
Hiya all,

Just joined the forum as I wanted to check what the experience has been with other owners of similar vehicle.

I have recently purchased an 2017 A6 2.0 TDI Quattro (190ps) with 50,000 miles on the clock.

I have driven the vehicle for about 1 week, done over 170 miles and achieving around 30-35mpg on comfort mode.

First few days, I did push her a bit, not too much but than it’s just been standard/ normal driving.

This is my 5th Audi over the years, but my first Quattro and A6, which I know will drink more than my previous models.

I have read experiences from other owners and the picture seems to vary driver to driver.

Is this normal for the spec of vehicle?
Should I be worried?

She is a lovely drive, and the best so far.

Thanking everyone in advance for their input.

Best wishes.

I had a 2014 190ps 2.0 tdi fwd and that could easily get 50mpg on a good run then got a 2015 3.0 272ps Quattro and managed 40+mpg most of the time, long runs got me 50 ish mpg.

Reactions: sid786x
I had a 2014 190ps 2.0 tdi fwd and that could easily get 50mpg on a good run then got a 2015 3.0 272ps Quattro and managed 40+mpg most of the time, long runs got me 50 ish mpg.
Wow. That’s really good. But leaves me wondering what’s up with my one? ‍

If you are doing mainly town/city driving it’s not bad. Long journeys should see a lot more.
forgot to say both mine were auto/stronic which is meant to be better than manual for economy.
also Not sure if it affects the 2017 cars but I know a few folk with the 2.0 and they got the dieselgate software update and their mpg suffered and car drove like a bag of nails.

If you are doing mainly town/city driving it’s not bad. Long journeys should see a lot more.
forgot to say both mine were auto/stronic which is meant to be better than manual for economy.
also Not sure if it affects the 2017 cars but I know a few folk with the 2.0 and they got the dieselgate software update and their mpg suffered and car drove like a bag of nails.
Ouch. That sounds painful. Yes, it has been mainly local/ city driving and some motorway. Mine is an auto so assuming it’s the s tropic gearbox (auto, manual, paddle shift gears, sports mode).

I forgot to reset the mileage counter. So will reset it next time I fill up and keep an eye on it.

Tried (E) mode, but the car felt really sluggish. Comfort mode was much better, so will be sticking to that.

Thanks.

Economy mode didn’t really do much for economy unless you have loads of hills in the area cause it disengage the gearbox and let you freewheel

Had mine on E for a few weeks while the idiots are parking themselves in the petrol stations and ended up with 670miles for the tank... usually left in D and I get 460... C tends to give me 500 and S 420..

Reactions: sid786x
For Mainly city and a little motorway driving 35-40mpg sounds about right.

Reactions: J10NMM and sid786x