AUDI A5 BATTERY PROBLEM

Bill Wickens

Reaction score
I have an A5 2ltre petrol 2010 cabriolet, I just picked it up from garage where it had been for 4 weeks having a new clutch installed. When I got there the car wouldn't start due to a flat battery so they jump started it and I drove 30 miles home. During the drive home all dashboard lights were working. When I got home and parked up and turned the engine off it wouldn't start again and the dash board had no lights on at all. I have been advised by a mechanic friend that this could be an Audi requirement of "reprogramming" after the disconnection of the battery, Audi wont confirm this requirement unless I bring the car to them and pay the princely sum of £60.00 plus VAT plus of course a bigger sum to do the job. Can anyone confirm if the resolution is correct or suggest a cause for a disconnected battery to go completely flat.

Grateful for any help

Bill

Welcome! Was this an Audi garage that replaced the clutch for you, if so, why was it handed back as job completed with this issue?

Edit:- if this battery is the one that was already in the car, I'd doubt if it needs any extra work other than that battery being recharged - and if that does not work, I'd think that that battery was reached the end of its life?