Audi A4 B8 1.8T multitronic problem (pls help)

saevar97

Reaction score
hi

i have a problem with my a4 b8 1.8t 2008 multitronic gearbox, when i select reverse the car shudders and almost stalls, it annoys me very much! like this video shows

have any of you experienced an problem like this or know what could be going wrong?

thanks in advance!

@saevar97, hi, and welcome to the forum.

First thought is, has the car got a recorded history of having the gearbox oil changed at the required intervals. From memory, it's every 40,000 miles as a minimum, but more frequently is better. It's possible that an oil change will fix your problem, but havong it scanned for faults would be useful too.

A good independent garage should charge about £200 for the gearbox oil change, and about £50 for the fault scan. But tell us where you are and we might be able to steer you in the direction of a forum memeber who has the diagnostic software and who can do the scan for you.

hi, i recently changed the gearbox oil (about 4 months ago) and the problem didnt change what so ever, i live in iceland so there probably arent any forum members in my hometown