Audi A4 B6 CCM Problem?

san1223

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just joined this site after hours of Google searching about the Convenience Module (which, after all the reading I've done, I've come to the conclusion is anything but convenient). I though I'd join here to get some advice from the people who probably know the most about these kinds of problems and would be able to help me before I lose my mind. I really want to get this car back to good working order because even though nothing works apart from the wheels and engine, it's a pretty nice drive.

Basically, it's a 2001 B6 Audi A4 Saloon which has the following symptoms:

• No central locking
  • Interior Lights do not work
  • Windows won't operate
  • Boot won't lock

Does anyone know where the CCM is located and if there are any step by step guides to removing. I'd also like help with whether a used module can be a direct replacement without any further coding.

Any help would be great. Cheers

Hi mate, the CCM is located under the carpet in the passenger front footwell. As far as I'm aware any CCM out of another car will need to be coded specifically to your car once installed. Best off finding one with the identical part number as your old one, should give you little to no compatibility issues - will still need coding though.

Also a common problem is water damage to CCM. One you get it open check for signs of water ingress especially the wiring going into the CCM.