audi a4 b6 cabriolet coilovers

seany

Reaction score
Hi all looking at coilovers for my a4 b6 cabriolet £500 to £600 ish Ap or Kw stx?
Ap's have alloy adjuster's will they sieze up? Stx 's have nylon adjuster's will they be better. Looking for the best road ride & unit quality any advise on these or other coilovers apprieciated.
Thanks Sean

Hi Seany,
I have the same car and ive got adjustable AP coilovers still boxed waiting to be installed. Im a bit worried to be honest as im expecting them to be a bit*h to instal. My mate has offered to do them. (i'll help) so we will see how it goes.

For the money, the AP's are really fantastic. I'll doulbe check and see what material are the adjusters. Wouldnt worry too much though.

Of course KW are going to be superior but i dont need them to be super amazing just better than stock.

Hi yeh they do look a bitch to fit im champing at the bit to order mine . Let me know what thete like when you have fitted buddy
Thanks sean

There easy to swop over as long as you don't try remove the pinch bolt .. just undo the top mount bolts and remove the hub nut .whip of your calliper .remove 2 ball joints and your steering then it all comes away .. I got it down to an hour each side much better then smacking your hands to a pulp and getting very mad at a bolt what will never mover

Reactions: Jonni3
There easy to swop over as long as you don't try remove the pinch bolt .. just undo the top mount bolts and remove the hub nut .whip of your calliper .remove 2 ball joints and your steering then it all comes away .. I got it down to an hour each side much better then smacking your hands to a pulp and getting very mad at a bolt what will never mover

Thanks Vr6Gordy. Very helpful.

Are the rear top mounts accessed under the boot lid of the convertible? (Boot lid raised in order to get to the top mounts?)

You can undo the rears once you've took the wheel off .. you'll see the bolts if you look up

Top tip on doing the rears give your arch liners a good wash then fit the coil overs making sure the liners are still damp .. this way you won't get covered in dust and you do get covered in crap .. it gets everywhere in your ears in your hair down your neck .. hope that helps

Ah yes, I could imagine always forgetting this. Ive been putting this off for absolutely ages because i dont know what im doing. Got a friend to help so should be ok. Thanks for the advice.