Audi A3 turbo problems

Reece wayne

Reaction score
hello I'm new to this and I don't no if I'm posting in the right place I have a Audi A3 sline 2.0 tdi 2007 had it 2 weeks and got problems drive it back from black pool 150 miles and it was fine 2 days later the boost is kicking in her late after 3000rpm and no power goes into limp mode and I have to turn engine on and off I reli don't no what going on I have a code reader it said po299 turbocharger under boost and p2108 throttle actuator controls module performance please help

The oil burners are known to suffer turbo filtered (my turbo is wining and needs replacing).

What’s the service history like on your car? Load, recent, up to date ?

What’s your driving style like? Drive it hard on boost most of the time (I know I do with a new car!!)

Turbos typically let you know they are on their way out by being more vocal (wining, etc..) before they finally let go...however as it’s new, you don’t know what “good”should sound like after only 2 days

When they do let go it usually not good to keep driving them and you don’t want disintegrating parts entering the engine...

Probably time to get a friendly garage to have a look...

Ps - private sale or garage? If it’s garage you may have grounds to return for repair/refund.