Audi A3 tuning

Mtm did mine. A3 8Y 35 TFSI 150bhp -> 180bhp stage 1. The difference is huge compared to stock. The amount of torque is ridiculous

Reactions: Stratman
Mtm did mine. A3 8Y 35 TFSI 150bhp -> 180bhp stage 1. The difference is huge compared to stock. The amount of torque is ridiculous
Hey mate. Is it with manual or S-tronic Gearbox ? Did you Dyno it ?
Cos i got 35 TFSI mHev and i wonder how you got that number :)

Hey mate, mine is a 7 speed s-tronic gearbox. Comes with paddles shifters so I'm not sure if that's counted as a manual. I haven't done dyno yet, because the ecu remapping was done by the authorised audi dealer in my country so I kinda trust them. I've test drove the stock a3 it felt slow as hell. But after the tune it was amazing to drive.

I’m planning to get my 45 TFSIe tuned from 245 to 300 hp stage 1. I’ll keep this updated

Reactions: Vic20
Hey mate, mine is a 7 speed s-tronic gearbox. Comes with paddles shifters so I'm not sure if that's counted as a manual. I haven't done dyno yet, because the ecu remapping was done by the authorised audi dealer in my country so I kinda trust them. I've test drove the stock a3 it felt slow as hell. But after the tune it was amazing to drive.
Wonderfull my friend.
I would like sometime to post us some dyno graph as well.
I got same car as you and working on an ECU tunning company and this mHev engine is wierd as hell.
The point is that you putted this on audi dealership and recently we had a mercedes benz GLE tunned by MB dealer and BRABUS paralel ecu chip promising 300hp up from 258hp. On dyno ? We got 303hp so the chip seems to be working for 3000€ Βuy cost. So i hope your tune as well.
But for our car most tunners give it 180-185hp max with DECAT exhaust and sport intake. Also we got a torque limmiter atm at 29NM and its not unlocked yet (DQ250.2) and i dont find it huge deal compared to stock.
An other thing is that mine on stock with sport CAT and air intake got 166hp. After few tunned files we had like 169-172hp ( we tunned it our own and bought 2 more files from known ecu tuners from Germany). We couldnt take more than 10hp after stock

really curious if someone got a tuned 1.5 mhev or an S3 with unlocked ECU with dynograph

I was thinking of doing this but not sure if 30hp worth it, how do you feel? I have a e tfsi
Motor 150hp combined with phev is 204. (But also the car is a little bit heavier) with stage 1 i would have 234hp so any feedback from people who did stage 1 would be awesome

Update

Audi A3 8Y 35Tfsi Mhev is a very strange and difficult car due to hardware and software of the car. During our remapings we noticed that the car should have some limiters in ECU except of limiters in TCU (DQ200 Gen2.1) as well.
We also noticed that the car having bit problems with intake temperatures due to charge cooler. +1 Degree Celsius intake temp and you loose like 2-3hp.

Best results we got as Stage 2 is 202Hp with 350Nm Torque (Car was measured stock with latest Audi update on august @171hp and around 280Nm Torque)
Hardware - Decât with full custom exhaust and Sports Filter

Cons of the car's tuning
1. There is no charge cooler upgrade (unless someone found something please share) - Upgrade Available is to make it Air Cooled with intercooler (maybe a future option but would like to keep car's engine hardware stock for future selling etc - exhaust/filter is something I can bring back to stock easily).
2. The most important, There is no turbo upgrade (or there is if you make it hybrid but no companies around we trust at the moment) because of the electronic waste gate. No company offers turbo upgrade for 1.5 TFSI engines till today.

Pros of the car's tuning
1. Remain still an economic family car (getting like 7L/100km fuel consumption on daily mild driving).
2. Torque gain is a huge factor more fun.
3. Car reaching 200km/h much more easier.
4. Seems its all that car missing after all. (An 1.6 or 1.8 engine around 200hp would be cool)

Future upgrades?
1. Getting an pair of lightweight RIMS (JR SL01)
2. Remap of the TCU plus removal of torque limiters (soon :yahoo:)
3. Due to intake temperatures we will try Water/Methanol by snowperformance. Will not make an other remap for more boost or degrees as we are already fine and don't want to push car more but just to give car a constant intake temperature of 20-25 degrees even on summer and hopefully we get around 210hp or something :devilish: