Audi A3 saloon 8v 63

Andrew Smith

Reaction score
Hi

Just some information please. I'm soon to be the owner of an 8v saloon.
The sat nav function isn't currently enabled.
Can anyone point me in the right direction for which part/model number sd card I require? I'm looking to purchase second hand on eBay and then pay Audi to enable the setting/code

I've read of a couple of people doing this and it being cheaper than the intial £500 Audi want from new. However I don't want to buy an Audi sd card to find it doesn't work in my a3
Thanks in advance

I'm not sure the SD card can help you with the sat nav Andrew?

what are you trying to do?

The SD cards contain the maps and are slotted into the glovebox. Then as I understand it you can get the sat nav function enabled at the dealers and the license. Updates to the maps are done via the sd card.
Similar to say if you buy Microsoft operating software for a pc and you have to enter the special keycode. Unfortunately this step can only be done by the dealer but I've read that some people have only been charged around £150 -£200 for the enablement plus the card ontop
Whole lot cheaper than the £500-600 to spec from new

Problem I have is I'm not 100% which sd card part number/model number I need. There's a lot of differing ones on eBay etc so I assume they're made for different models or systems