Are we having the correct side mirrors?

OtherHalf's

Reaction score
Talking to one other member in the OzAudi forum about the side mirrors on our S1. Driver side's mirror has a split for wider view and the objects in the mirror seem to be "smaller", the passenger side just a normal mirror. I thought it is rather "unusaual" as it should be the other way round. Did Audi make a mistake on the RHD S1? Any "views" on this matter from you guys? Always eager to learn.

Seems correct to me. Drivers side had wide angle view so you can see your blind spot when changing lanes on the motorway etc.

Thanks "Jose", guess I will have to get use to the differences between S1 and all my other cars which have a wider viewed passenger mirror and of course the indicator stalk and wiper stalk on the steering column also different. (keep using the wiper blades to tell others road users that I am turning...:keule:).

I've had Jap import cars with backwards stalks, you soon get the hang of swapping!

Now I understand the saying "Hard to train an old dog new trick"...It will take me longer to adjust as I only get to drive the S1 at the weekends, my daily drive is a Ford ute which has the same layout as our Mazda CX9 and Honda Jazz.