APY S3 Engine Detail......

mark_S3

Team Silver
Reaction score
Well i thought to post some pictures of my weekends engine detail on my APY S3.....

Took a few hours and got into some dirty greasy areas. Would ideally love to get into some deeper areas and from below but i'll leave that for another day/or the next service.

Products used was Autoglym Engine Cleaner, Few old Microfibre cloths (kept rising these out in clean water and used to wipe away the old grime), Some different sized brushes, 10l handpumped water sprayer (used to rinse non electrical items), then used some Autoglym SRP and some old Turtlewax on the painted areas, and lastly soem Autoglym Bumper Gel and Trim spray.

Have to clean and re-oil the K&N filter and breather filter this week.

Apologises for if this post isn't in the detailing section, but i thought the 8L S3 owners could have a better look if it was in the section.

Sorry no before pictures but the engine was covered in old Oil/dust and all the trim areas was coated in dust and dirty....

Cheers....
I was meaning to do mine for weeks and weeks but this Sunday gone it was either i do this in some sunshine or relax on the sofa.....

nice one mate i need to set too and clean up my bay really, im unsure weather to polish up rocker cover and inlet manifold or to just paint them a different colour??? i would recommend the n249 delete if you want a tidy engine bay...........

AVLO:1861124 said:
nice one mate i need to set too and clean up my bay really, im unsure weather to polish up rocker cover and inlet manifold or to just paint them a different colour??? i would recommend the n249 delete if you want a tidy engine bay...........

Being thinking on weather to polish up the rocker cover, inlet manifold, etc but unsure on what products to use...
The N249 delete is on the list to do along with a Catch Can, but I need to read up properly on the 'how to guide' on here.
Just fallen back in love with the old machine as its been sat doing nothing over winter. Full exterior detail is on the cards this weekend and also a Oil change.
She had some money spent on her last month along with a 12month's health clearance.
Cant wait for a good drive very soon!

sweet, honestly the 249 delete and catch can are simples to do. i polished up the rocker cover and inlet mani on my a3 aum by hand but what a b***h to do heres a little picture of it before it need a wipe by the way lol

they was both nice and shiney and smoooth!