Approved bodyshop Reading/Farnborough/Slough/Newbury?

JohnM100

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Was driving home last night and some kids threw handfuls of stones off a pedestrian bridge onto my car as I was driving at M4 J11 and then they scarpered.

Chips on bonnet, roof, mirror housing, at least one wing and A-pillars. Windscreen pebble dashed and gave up counting the chips when I got to 50. Car now a sort of mottled Sepang blue and I only clayed and waxed it a few weeks ago.

Anyone recommend a good and approved paint & bodyshop in the Reading/Slough/Newbury/Farnborough area?

Insurance company suggested BodyTechnics for the paintwork & they are Audi approved. Keen for feedback. Windscreen replacement will prob be separate.

Police aware & I have the all important crime number......

Also in touch with Audi Ensurance.

Thanks in advance

John.

I hope they fell over and cracked their heads open while running away. Not badly enough to kill them, but just enough that karma wins

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnM100
That's utter crap - makes my blood boil!

I used Slough Audi directly in the past when I needed a new bumper / repsray. I'm not sure what bodyshop they used but it was all 'approved' and they did a great job.

Utter little sh1tes.

I blame the parents.

Sorry to hear of this, please let us know how Audi Ensurance deal on your behalf.

Thanks all for the commiserations.

Apparently BodyTechnics is both insurance and Audi Ensurance approved so will get a quote & feed back if I use them.

John.

As the bodyshop is insurance approved and Audi Approved, Ensurance said all they would do is tell the bodyshop to send the quote to my insurer. No 3rd party to claim off or deal with so they said nothing for them to do. Does make me wonder why I made the effort to find a bodyshop that was approved by both as I thought it would make the process easier; as it turns out it did make it easier for them....

Car going in tomorrow. Ball-park estimate from bodyshop 2.5k as so many parts of the car and panels affected.

Will need to follow up with the police as well as not heard from them since Friday.