ANYONE WAITING FOR THEIR NEW CAR? STUCK AT EMDEN PORT?

Miles5914

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am waiting for my new TT, and it has been sitting at Emden Port in Germany for over 2 weeks now! Its a joke! Anyone else having the same issues? The dealer tells me that there was no room in the UK hence the delay but they are sending 8 ships out to get all the cars apparently. Interested to hear from others!

Miles :)

have you received your car? mines been at emden since the 20th of April, i was initially told i would receive it last week, gave them a ring today and the car is still at port absolutely ridiculous.

mine has been at Emden since beginning of March. Delivery was due by 29th as it was pre-built to the spec I wanted but still waiting and cant get a delivery date out of anyone. I am told there are currently 12,000 vehicles in the port (full capacity) and I suspect the new cars being transported from the factory are going straight onto ships when they arrive at the port as there is nowhere else to put them. Absolutely crazy and I cant believe logistics cant work out how to clear the backlog. As I have now been waiting six weeks Audi have just given me a hire car from today. God knows how long I will have that for.

Last edited:
My A6 was built week 15 and it arrived in the uk this week and I believe it came via Emden. You’d think they’d have a first in first out policy to stop Audi from alienating its customers! Seems like madness to me.

Hope your cars comes soon, I wouldn’t be happy but I would us and abuse the free hire car!

Reactions: Sandra and rayzer
Sure will. There are only two ways to clear the backlog. Stop the new cars coming in to the port by storing them somewhere else or organise more ships, I believe there are only two per week. Once the backlog clear things should start to flow smoother. its not rocket science.
I think everybody trying to get cars into the UK before 29th March has made things worse but looking back at some of the forums, delays have been a problem for a long time before Brexit

Reactions: Philb65
Hi I’ve ordered a new A1 spotsback 40 TFSI it was build week 13 it was finished on the 3rd April
it showed arrived at Grimsby port on the
17th April I’m still waiting for it to be delivered to the dealership.
I hope it arrives tomorrow.

I’ve been told today that it should be delivered to the dealership tomorrow 30th & all being well collect it on Thursday 2nd :yahoo:

Reactions: tigerhonaker
Things got a bit backed up recently after the storms a few weeks ago - it really made a mess of things. So ships got delayed and that meant that with all of them coming over meant in flux of cars all at once.

Obviously this doesn't help you however so fingers crossed they get through them soon!

@tigerhonaker You may want to delete your VIN from the pic of the delivery document....

I'm totally puzzled, why would I want to do that ???

Just curious ...............

All anyone would have to do is go to Audi Nashville internet site and there is the RS3 of mine along with it's Vin #.

Or simply do a Search for all Audi 2019 RS3 's and that would also bring it up.

Terry

I'm totally puzzled, why would I want to do that ???

Just curious ...............

All anyone would have to do is go to Audi Nashville internet site and there is the RS3 of mine along with it's Vin #.

Or simply do a Search for all Audi 2019 RS3 's and that would also bring it up.

Terry

You use the VIN number to register your online MyAudi account...

You use the VIN number to register your online MyAudi account...

Gotcha,
Well my good-man there would be a heck of a lot of overwhelming FRAUD then if the Vin # is all it took.

But, thanks for the Heads-Up I appreciate it, seriously. :thumbs up:

Terry

Reactions: RAF_S7