anyone tried " The TerraClean Fuel System Decarboniser system".

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
saw this being used on an XK8 last night on wheeler dealers , and was curious if it was really any good and anyone on here used the service.
it has had rave reviews and being tfsi's do appear to suffer from from carbon build up it may be a usefull job to get done sooner than later.

My brother recently had it done on his BMW X5. Unfortunately it made very little difference. He gained about 1mpg for a few days then it went back down again. His engine has well over 100k miles on it so we were expecting something good.

I was going to have my S4 done but changed my mind now. The garage even said to my bro, don't expect miracles, it's only really good for emissions and it doesn't live up to all its hype.

Had it done on my 1.9 pd130 b6
And my brothers mk5 pd140
Both had 170k on and it made a reasonable difference

I'd recommend it if it's high mileage

I paid £90 and it took about 45mins

I didn't see much mpg improved but it's really improved responsiveness

Some people hate it and some have said good things , but it all depends on the car

My car and my brothers were both coked up loads with all motorways miles and both have been driven like miss daisy for most of their lives

One of the 1st things I had done on mine rob. I had the normal terra clean treatment + the EGR terra clean. I saw evidence 1st hand on my car that it does shift the carbon and clean things up very well but can honestly say it didn't make any noticeable performance or mpg improvements in my case

I think it depends on how baked on the carbon is. My car was at 60k and had several prior owners so there may not have been alot of premium fuel etc. I found an ex audi mechanic who was willing to do a manual clean with the manifold off for about the same as a terraclean. The carbon want actually too baked on but I do think a terraclean wouldn't have got it as clear. If I was doing one again in around 20k miles of now know that a terraclean would probably be sufficient.

The carbon clean has made a slight differnce to mpg, but car is more responsive and my fuel trims are better, although that might have more to do with the fact my injector seals were knackered!