Anyone got a 1.8tfsi ( noise)

Gordon Stewart

Reaction score
Hi folks, I have a small noise coming from my 1.8tfsi S Line Saloon, it’s like a small tinkle noise just when you take up drive. Thought it was Turbo as coming from that area. Had it in at Audi and they said it was a camshaft position sensor solinoid . They thought that as they disconnected it and then tried to take up drive again and noise was gone, plugged it back in and noise came back , there are 8 of these I think and it was the one nearest the Turbo , so cylinder 1 I think . If you just rev the car then it’s completely fine , it’s just when you take up drive. Anyway had it back in today and they put a new sensor in , no joy, still the same , didn’t get charged for it. The noise is like a tring and then when the revs come back down it goes tring again. Very weird it does not do it when that sensor is unplugged and gave out new sensor in and still the same . Anyone have a 1.8 that makes the same noise??. Audi have now said it’s a characteristic of the engine , don’t think it would have done that when brand new . Car had only done 47k miles with full Audi history , I just bought it in August last year from Audi and got 2 years warranty with it . Anyone else have the same Noise ??? Please help