Anyone changed just the rear ARB on quattro?

Billy Willson

Reaction score
As the title says.

I have 2.0 quattro tfsi or tsi anyway I have coil overs I want to change ARB and had mixed responses.

Some say do rear only. Go for a haldex tune. H&R do only a pair. Quattro cars have thicker front than rear.

Bit confused I would go for rear only but there must be a reason quattro cars have a thicker front ARB so would this not make for weird handling.....

Advice please!

The H&R kit for the Quattro is 24mm front and 26mm rear so if it's more oversteer you're looking whilst still retaining a balanced feel then this is the kit to go for.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks I don't know where I saw the kit had thicker front front. Is the 2.0 tfsi one same as for S3? Can you post a link?

I put the Whiteline rear only on mine. Adjusted it to the stiffest setting. I also put front Powerflex wishbone rear bush anti lift kit on at the same time. Noticeable difference in handling. Can step the back out nicely if I'm giving it some coming out of roundabouts and get a little lift off oversteer sometimes. Still have understeer at slow speeds but not as much as standard. Didn't want to do my front and introduce more understeer.

Reactions: miltybilty
If I put sways on my car again I would only do the rear H&R on soft.

Or maybe 034 rear bar but that has some bushing issues apparently.

Front caused too much problems for me .... And it's cost much more all installed.

Our front bar is already a solid one.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk