Facelift Anybody running Unitronic stage 2?

Evolution_Roy

Reaction score
Really interested in this one, including all the Unitronic hardware that is recommended by them. Anyone on here that runs this set-up?

What would you like to know?
Most of all how do the parts/map fit a European car (LHD)? Is there any differences to consider for the parts fitment (intercooler, induction and turbo elbow, down pipe) and does the map fit 98 ron fuel we have in Europe and the emission standards for MOT.
Also general satisfaction would be nice to know!

Most of all how do the parts/map fit a European car (LHD)? Is there any differences to consider for the parts fitment (intercooler, induction and turbo elbow, down pipe) and does the map fit 98 ron fuel we have in Europe and the emission standards for MOT.
Also general satisfaction would be nice to know!

Their software is compatible with our cars especially if you are a DAZA rs3 they have a massive amount of development and options for you with that engine derivative, the software is very good along with their tcu and regarded as one of the best. The home flash option is very handy and will allow you to switch maps if you need to for a fuelling reason for example, very easy to use.

Their hardware is predominantly all ok for us aside from 4” turbo inlet we can only use the rdh 3” option they have which I am using. The intercooler i am not sure on. Otherwise all else is ok.

Their downpipe is excellent and has an incredible cat in it for flow and emissions though expensive to get over here. If you don’t like the idea of waste gate rattle then you should look at this downpipe especially as it is no different in volume compared to the standard unit on the wastegate rattle side with a small uplift in overall sound very oem+ compared to others.

Overall they are a premium option but it is worth the outlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their software is compatible with our cars especially if you are a DAZA rs3 they have a massive amount of development and options for you with that engine derivative, the software is very good along with their tcu and regarded as one of the best. The home flash option is very handy and will allow you to switch maps if you need to for a fuelling reason for example, very easy to use.

Their hardware is predominantly all ok for us aside from 4” turbo inlet we can only use the rdh 3” option they have which I am using. The intercooler i am not sure on. Otherwise all else is ok.

Their downpipe is excellent and has an incredible cat in it for flow and emissions though expensive to get over here. If you don’t like the idea of waste gate rattle then you should look at this downpipe especially as it is no different in volume compared to the standard unit on the wastegate rattle side with a small uplift in overall sound very oem+ compared to others.

Overall they are a premium option but it is worth the outlay.

Thank you for the great info! Mine is a LHD DAZA so I think I will go for the 4" inlet.

Reactions: TTE Si
Thank you for the great info! Mine is a LHD DAZA so I think I will go for the 4" inlet.

In that case absolutely, massive gains to be had with just the elbow alone. And if you have access to the special e85 sauce you shall be fast

In that case absolutely, massive gains to be had with just the elbow alone. And if you have access to the special e85 sauce you shall be fast

I actually thought about a full E85 conversion, it is very abundant here (Sweden) and cost about 2/3 of 98 fuel. It is just that travelling outside of the country might be an issue, as some neighbouring countries do not have it at all....

I actually thought about a full E85 conversion, it is very abundant here (Sweden) and cost about 2/3 of 98 fuel. It is just that travelling outside of the country might be an issue, as some neighbouring countries do not have it at all....

Switchable maps is great for when you change to regular lower octane from an E blend.
I’ve got these on my Dyno Spectrum tuned car.

Reactions: Evolution_Roy
Switchable maps is great for when you change to regular lower octane from an E blend.
I’ve got these on my Dyno Spectrum tuned car.

How does it work in practice when switching from E85 to fuel? Do you need to drain the tank and lines?

How does it work in practice when switching from E85 to fuel? Do you need to drain the tank and lines?

I’m running an ethanol sensor so i run the E30 blend down and then fill up with 99.
The mapping I have reads the ethanol content via the sensor as it’s wired into the OBD port so it adjusts the mapping to suit.

It’s why I chose Dyno Spectrum above other offerings.

Reactions: Evolution_Roy
I am on the fence for Unitronic e60 - e85 map also. I am running APR (98 oct) atm and if staying with APR they say oem injectors are sufficient. Unitronic demands larger injectors.
Does anyone know if Unitronic can supply maps that will prevent CEL (catalyst emission) due to decat dp? APR has stopped those maps - they say.
/ Cheers from a new forum member(based in Sweden).

I am on the fence for Unitronic e60 - e85 map also. I am running APR (98 oct) atm and if staying with APR they say oem injectors are sufficient. Unitronic demands larger injectors.
Does anyone know if Unitronic can supply maps that will prevent CEL (catalyst emission) due to decat dp? APR has stopped those maps - they say.
Unitronic only requires injectors for the E85 stage2?

Their stage 2 files do prevent cel, Uni requires the injectors for e85 so there is a good amount of headroom for safety.

Ok, looks like Uni will get my hard earned pesos this time, though DS1 might be a good alternative for the more advanced users (?)
The Uniconnect-cable will also be useful for logging.
Thanks for the input.

I've been running Unitronic Stg2 for over 2 years now, I do like the idea of flex fuel too but waiting to see what their Flex-Fuel upgrade involves before I make any changes. It runs just fine on UK 99RON, which is actually a pretty good power for daily. It's about 540hp on a nice cold day!

Ethanol is another level though, stg2 98 to E85 is like going from stock to Stg1 again! If I had it at the pump I don't think I'd every come off the stuff. You can run E85 on stock injectors if you also stick with the stock downpipe - it's still very quick, kinda sits between stg2 98 and E85 for performance.

Reactions: TTE Si
I've been running Unitronic Stg2 for over 2 years now, I do like the idea of flex fuel too but waiting to see what their Flex-Fuel upgrade involves before I make any changes. It runs just fine on UK 99RON, which is actually a pretty good power for daily. It's about 540hp on a nice cold day!

Ethanol is another level though, stg2 98 to E85 is like going from stock to Stg1 again! If I had it at the pump I don't think I'd every come off the stuff. You can run E85 on stock injectors if you also stick with the stock downpipe - it's still very quick, kinda sits between stg2 98 and E85 for performance.
Factory forged engine ;)

I am an official Unitronic dealer and hold stock. Ive tuned/supplied UNI software to more then anyone else in Europe, so if need advice please PM me. Link to my webshop page : UNITRONIC SOFTWARE