Any S1 owners missing S-Tronic?

Muttley75

Reaction score
As per the title, anyone who's previously owned an S-Tronic who now owns an S1 - do you miss it?

Only reason I ask is because I have an S-Tronic A3 S-Line and may change for an S1 at some point (possibly when the new model is released). But not sure I could go back to a manual now, having driven DSG VWs and S-Tronic Audis for the past 8 years.

Not sure why Audi didn't include the option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love my s3 I have....but if they put the s tronic gearbox in the s1..i would change straight away..i love the s1 !

I love my s3 I have....but if they put the s tronic gearbox in the s1..i would change straight away..i love the s1 !

I wasn't suggesting it be compulsory - it would just be nice to be given the option.

I have a RS3 and the wife has a manual S3. I still really enjoy getting in to the S3 and using the manual.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

It would be nice to have the option of S-Tronic in the S1, but I understand it was not possible to fit it in along with Quattro. Given the choice, I probably would of ticked the box!

Anyone here who downsized from an A3/S3? Any regrets?

The size doesn't bother me as I never carry passengers or anything in the boot other than a jacket or laptop. I'm a bit concerned about refinement on longer journeys and the lesser tech, e.g. Very low resolution pop up display, no LED headlight option (although Xenons are available). Anyone from an A3/S3 got any views on this?

Yeah I know I can test drive one, but it's always worth seeing what others think too. Cheers.

I had one for six months...loved it....would have one now if it was stronic

I had one for six months...loved it....would have one now if it was stronic

Why only six months? Because of the gearbox, or other reasons?

It's was a loaner of audi whilst they built my replacement s3..honestly I would have the s1 in a heart beat with a auto box...but I hated the manual gearbox in it

It's was a loaner of audi whilst they built my replacement s3..honestly I would have the s1 in a heart beat with a auto box...but I hated the manual gearbox in it

Wow, high praise indeed - you'd have an S1 a-tronic over an S3?

I love my A3 but it never excites me. Feels rather bland and uninspiring on a twisty B road.

Don't get me wrong..i absolutely love my s3..but I don't really need it that big....as there is only me and my wife so no need for a big car...next time...its a s1..or a tts

They couldnt the fit the s tronic box in the shell, they might do it with the next gen A1/S1. We shall see!
I'd have chosen the S-tronic option if it were available, having driven a few audis with it, it's definitely better! Plus you'd get launch control ;).

Having said that, I love the S1. I've driven the S3 and the S1 is far more engaging. Maybe part of that is due to it being manual, who knows. I definitely won't be changing it for anything other than the RS3, put it that way!