Any black pack / black edition on the horizon?

azibux1

Reaction score
Hi all

As above... I can't see anything like this... Is it something anyone knows might be getting added as an option in the future?

I know it took a while (up to the facelift in fact!) of the S3 being out before the Black Edition was made... But black optics pack was available sooner I think?

Hi all

As above... I can't see anything like this... Is it something anyone knows might be getting added as an option in the future?

I know it took a while (up to the facelift in fact!) of the S3 being out before the Black Edition was made... But black optics pack was available sooner I think?
It only just came out on the A4, so I think maybe in the next 12 months sometime?!?!

It’s usually half way through the lifecycle I think, so 3-4 years in, but someone might correct me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses! Will keep an eye out. I guess its the same as the S3 really where it is an option (aftermarket) to have the chromes wrapped or sprayed anyway

Reactions: azibux1
Black optic package is already available on Switzerland and many other country as I could see.

Mine's coming on january

a1a5f41b40eea0a2125a587d851ec9da.jpg

Reactions: azibux1
Some of the guys on here including me have gone the aftermarket route, link to the thread is below.

The cars look so much better with the black trim.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/black-window-trim-grill-inlays.331808/
Thanks! Looks great! I quite like the chrome with my current sepang but I'm thinking daytona or black for the next one and I think black works better than the chrome for those colours.

Good to know wrapping seems possible and popular. Prices varying quite a bit though! Ha

Black optic package is already available on Switzerland and many other country as I could see.

Mine's coming on january

a1a5f41b40eea0a2125a587d851ec9da.jpg

Oo nice! Hopefully the option makes it's way to the UK soon!

Not happening soon according to AudiUK on Twitter.

fb2861462d031b86750c15d9d2f0aab3.jpg

Try maybe to ask for a Black Optic Package.

Because in some countries (like germany) on the A4 b9, they launch a all black pack and this is not the same that the black optic package that only includes the grills, windows trims etc.. but you can still chose the car color..

From what I had heard from Audi uk when I ordered my s5 last year was the black edition may not come to the uk, I don’t know if it didn’t sell as well on the a5 in general as it did on other models but I guess it would only come out if Audi could make money from selling it.

Same reason I guess people in other countries also get air conditioned seats in the a5 and we don’t.

I guess it depends on the demand from customers wanting it to have Audi release it

But the chrome doesn’t bother me on my car enough to get it in changed to black as the chrome sets off the Daytona well

Hmm interesting

Thanks for the responses all! Good to know!