Any advice please?

Beacons

Reaction score
Turned up Sat morning to sort out the finances on my new S1, paid deposit and arranged pick up Tuesday morning. I was then asked if I wanted to see the car...good job I said yes. One of my options was the exterior styling pack, with the 'striking rear spoiler'......however it was not fitted. I had not deselected the spoiler so as far as Im concerned this 'sought after distinguishing feature should have been there. Then the door mirrors. I'd selected the design pack which amongst other features I believed had aluminium style mirrors not body colour as fitted to mine...don't laugh but the sales man offered to paint them silver! I registered my disappointment and went home to check my code configuration. I later phoned the salesman and said how deflated I felt at a time in ones life when car lovers like ourselves should be excited about our new purchase. I'm awaiting a call off the garage tomorrow, what would you do? (keep it clean guys)

Pretty simple - reject the car - they order you a new one.

Best case, you drive this one in the mean time (usually what they do if you kick up enough stink), worst case they put you in some other courtesy car. Make sure they do not activate the finance agreement in any case, that should not happen until the car which fits the spec you ordered is delivered.

Thanks. Lets see what tomorrow brings. Anyone dealt with Swansea Audi?

Things are much simpler and give you much more power before you've taken it. There's nothing they can do really to force anything on you - you don't have to start the finance or pick the car up until it's fixed. Sorry to hear that, by the way!

You should be covered by Sale of Goods act anyway if they haven't supplied what you ordered, you can also let your finance company know and they should help sort it out. Mine came with with rear S1 badge when I ordered it debadged but I can live with that.

Never been afraid to own up when I'm wrong. I am informed by the dealer that the spoiler I was expecting, described as 'the striking roof spoiler' in the Quattro pack, is only available on the sport back. He informed me and I checked that he was correct, that if I did a 360 degree rotation on the configurator under my code, it would show the spoiler that is fitted to mine. It is different to the ordinary S1 spoiler but not as 'striking' as the one I thought I had ordered. If I reconfigure my details into a sportback and do a 360 it shows the spoiler I was expecting. So unless you guys know differently, the mistake was mine. I can find no reference to 'this spoiler is only available on sportback' in any literature, when it does tell me for example that the panoramic roof I ordered is not available on sportback. Illustrations in brochure are inconclusive. The mirrors are he insisted painted and will order and replace if I so wish.

That is strange. I thought it was just the standard roof spoiler or the one quattro variation. Wierd

Yea, only the sportback get the 'fig-8' spoiler. It's because the sportback has a roof mounted aerial and with the boot open the spoiler would foul it - so it's a function over form which happens to look pretty cool.
The 3dr has the aerial built into the spoiler. Never understood why it's different between the 2 variants.

Your spoiler is still described as a 'striking roof spoiler' in that it is significantly larger than any on an A1. But I agree it's not as cool as the one with the dip on the sportback.

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
Whats your views on the mirrors are they just painted? I think Ill have them done in aluminium.....after all to quote the dealer, that's how they appear on the configurator!

They are aluminium not painted. It's the trade mark Audi S signature. Get them to supply the correct ones. Can't believe they are going to just paint them lol

Guessed as much and have made that point. I'll make sure the correct ones are fitted.

This is the spoiler I have on my sportback, I thought this was the same on all exterior styling pack cars?
Spoiler

3dr with quattro pack version is straight across

audi-s1-galore-minty-green-drifting-video-and-configurator_2.jpg

Reactions: PastS1Owner
Makes sense.
Prefer the sportback one to be honest.

Accessories list a double blade spoiler option also...most 'spoilered' car I know. Picked it up today anyway and it is a lovely drive. I'll put some pics up when I get a chance.