Another service question

I was looking into what an "inspection" actually covers, and here is what Audi have to say....

• Electronic Vehicle Health Check which includes brake and tyre check
  • Audi Cam - highlighting any required work
  • Re-set service interval display
  • Complete internal & external visual inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shaft suspension and exhaust system
  • Pollen filter replacement (if required)
  • Lubrication of door hinges
  • Vehicle road test
Now this for what it costs(£170 in addition to an oil change at my dealer) is excessive to say the very least!
I very much doubt they would spend 1.5 hours purely on the inspection.
Also I wouldn't want my car road tested, but if it is mandatory they would be told not to disconnect my dashcam.
I just cant help but have an inherent mistrust of car dealers when it comes to servicing and doing a good honest job, which unfortunately is not fair on the ones that do exactly that. :worried:

Reactions: AlS3BE and CHEZ
I was looking into what an "inspection" actually covers, and here is what Audi have to say....

• Complete internal & external visual inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shaft suspension and exhaust system
  • Vehicle road test
Now this for what it costs(£170 in addition to an oil change at my dealer) is excessive to say the very least!
Also I wouldn't want my car road tested, but if it is mandatory they would be told not to disconnect my dashcam.
I just cant help but have an inherent mistrust of car dealers when it comes to servicing and doing a good honest job, which unfortunately is not fair on the ones that do exactly that. :worried:

Scandalous!

Basically, a scan (15mins max)
A quick once over (20mins max)
A go pro on the Audi techs head for what that is worth
A £25 pollen filter that takes 2 mins to swap out.
A blast of spray grease on door hinges £10 for a full can that will last forever.
And a bacon sarnie trip in your car to make sure the wheels don't drop off.
Interesting....

Reactions: AlS3BE and Ron240
Well finally got mine through the dealer. They had issues themselves with it but eventually got it for me so they are getting the job.
Most likely system issues on vwfs end cause it’s so popular/cheap.

• Vehicle road test
Like I said before, my indy did the oil and inspection service last year (£200), but said they ALWAYS do an inspection on every service anyway!

Reactions: Ron240