Another Newbie

M44 DUB

Reaction score
Hello all,

Thought i better come check out the site since i'm now the proud owner of a A3 turbo.

It's white on a R plate, needs a few wee daft things but will get there in the end. Picked it up for a great price too so can't really complain.

Any other A3 owners on here having trouble with their sunroofs opening on there own accord? Mines is doing it all the time adn this morning it wouldn't start got out lock and re-opened the doors then the thing started, can anyone advise?

Also got it rolling roaded before i start with mods and it only made 136bhp. It's a AGU engine so it should have 150bhp. fitted a new MAF sensor but it still doesn't feel 150bhp.

Also noticed the previous owner has cut out the cat, could this be what's making it under power and idel funny?

Cheers

Cherylee

Hello mate, welcome to A-S.net!

The cat may be the problem! it may have messed with the lamba sensors and is all fuelling wrong.

Hello and Welcome to the site

The first thing i would say immobiliser issues

the second i would agree Booth lambda sensor

have a search in the A3 section sure there will be lots of info there

Cheers

Funny you should say that mate i had exactly the same problem as you with my car being just a year newer than yours i had mien roling roaded when i had it Decatted and it was down on power.

Fitted a Full miltek with high flow Cat and im back on power now maybe a tiny bit more than standard even.

Does it make a horrible noise at 5,000 Rpm in every gear? like a whistling sound very high pirtched as that is what mine did.

Id get a replacement exhaust with Cat from a breakers or depeending o nwhat you want to do to the car get a Full miltek like i did i love it :p

Hope this helps

JASON

Thanks for the replies guys.

Had it plugged into VAGcom on saturday cause it broke down at my work friday night and wouldn't start again.

Loads of faults appeared, something to do with the boost, and that's why it isn't boosting properly, fuel reelie or fuel pump, got a new one of them ordered and it was showing that all 4 cyclinders are goosed, so now need 4 coil packs too.

It's begining to get annoying now. Only plus side of the car being ******** is it get to drive my bf's Mk2 golf GTi