Another MAF question

graham d'arcy

Reaction score
Hi, sorry in advance

So Im changing my MAF, and i understand the part is 06A906461M

However, its linking to different bosch part numbers depending on which website I try, Euro parts is giving me 0280218065

GSF is giving me 0986280218

Will either work, or does it matter?

Thanks

Engine is AMK

I believe the correct one is this from GSF
https://www.gsfcarparts.com/187vg0330

The 06A number is a VAG part number... the other two are Bosch part numbers...

Just need to make sure that the MAF is for a wideband car (AMK/BAM/AUM all use the same wideband sensor, AUM uses a smaller MAF housing)... earlier S3's (APY) use a different sensor and while it 'will' work it won't be scaled correctly and lead to running issues

The GSF link is based off my own car (AMK) but can't validate it for you as I have not run a std S3 MAF for many years

You should be able to get up to 60% off that price if you have signed up to the emails from GSF

<tuffty/>

Reactions: graham d'arcy
Yeah so from ringing a few places and reading loads, the 0986280218 is the re manufactured part number, both apparently work.

I have a 60% code for GSF Ireland so will be using that, they want my old one back as well... 229€ online and then 60% off and hopefully 40 back for the exchange

when I rang them, gave them their own part number they have online... they quoted me 75€ plus VAT....

wonder are their prices slightly inflated on site..... :)

the "exchange unit" deals dont normally work if there is a discount code and yes I have seen something (coolant or screen wash) in GSF on sale and said oh can I buy that with my code and they said no that's an online code only, looked on their web site and it was twice the price. things like the LUK clutch and DMF with a 60% code are pretty good though.

there are rumours about EuroCarParts using cheap Chinese sensors, lots of people have heard that but I am only repeating what someone else told me so..... thats Chinese whispers I suppose ;)

So its taken into account in the price.

Subtotal (Incl. Tax)€229.97
Discount -€113.63
GRAND TOTAL (Inc Tax)€116.34

So it was a 60% code, and I only got less than 50% off, so they didnt discount the 40 at all, its still included in the price of the unit.

They should refund me, something at least.

You're right, this is the comment on the checkout. I honestly thought voucher codes negated any other deals or exchange deals.

"Price includes £30.00 surcharge.
Voucher codes/discounts do not apply to this part of the price"