Another Creaking Noise

K22Blake

Reaction score
Hi folks,

after a brief hiatus from the forum I’m back but now in my current ‘goal’ car!

a couple of weeks ago I got myself into a 2013 phantom black, Black edition 2.0tdi (177) with a cracking deal and a bit of good luck.
Full history (potentially another story) 95k miles

The only thing I’ve had to do or so I thought was to get the Aircon regassed given no cold air was being blown in at all even on the ‘low’ setting. Given the car has full Audi history and my local indépendant was fully booked for the foreseeable I booked it into a local dealership for what I thought was a simple £90 Aircon service ....... £426 later with Audis lovely £99 per/hour labour, a ‘fault finding hour’ and a new sensor that’s now fixed.

However at low manoeuvres or going over bumps (sometimes) I’ve got a really annoying creeking noise coming from the passenger side and now I think the front end in general. I’ve had it in my local garage today and he thinks the issue is 2 cracked bushes on the upper arms to which he’s shown me a video of the inspection. I know from reading on here it’s a fairly common problem. But before I jump in and get it sorted like the Air con.

1) could it be anything else from experience ?
2) Does £300 all in seem reasonable to you all ?

thanks in advance, it’s good to be back!