Annoying repeating click, please help.

Kaibo

Reaction score
Hope somebody can help, not sure if it's getting worse or if it just seems that way because I'm aware of it.
Basically I have a clicking noise, repeats between 3 and 5 seconds, when driving it sounds like it's from under the hand brake area but on closer inspection it seems to originate from under/behind the glove box. Starts with a faint motor noise., then a loud click and immediately after a faint click. It's sounds almost as if something is trying to reset but is stuck, it's going to drive me bonkers as I can make out the first click even with the stereo on.

Cheers CLICK Kai click

Most likely it is the climate control air-flap motor trying to find 'home' position, or trying to reset itself. Check with VCDS.

Have you removed the glovebox yet to check?

You can do a climate reset with vcds by going in module 08, go into basic settings & drop dwn the menu & select the only option listed which is basic setting 001 alignments, let it run & when finished see if it still clicks.

I had this a while ago, was driving me mad for a couple of days but then just suddenly stopped before I had the chance to investigate the cause. Must have done a couple of thousand miles since without it coming back so if you have just started getting the noise it might be worth waiting to see if it clears itself before you start pulling the car apart.

Thanks all, haven't pulled it apart yet as I'd just finished work. I don't have vcds, is that a laptop only job?
Not sure if I could beat leaving it, it's like Chinese torture.

Cheers Kai