android auto not working

adey12

Reaction score
hi guys just taken delivery of a a3 1.5 tfsi convertible 2018 , so has Audi smartphone interface, my iPhone is no problem but the wife's Samsung j3(2017) will not connect it doesn't recognise it at all , Bluetooth connection is no problem ,i have checked the software is up to date and its running the right version , tried unplugging and plugging back in but won't start android auto , I have also tried another lead . its doing my head in .

has anyone else have problems with Samsung phone and android auto

Had 0 issues when I used to have a Samsung. Are you sure the phone is compatible with it?

Most modern phones should be fine but worth checking. I note the website says Android V6 and above, J3 isn't a flagship so would guess it isn't on this versions and that is your issue.

I also used the lead that came with the phone.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

its running android v9 so should be ok ,i know what you mean it isn't flagship but still a smart phone , just tried it in my golf gtd and won't work in that neither so perhaps it is the phone

Android auto has had huge issues for variety of vehicles & handsets in the last 6 months, constant daily updates advising of new problems tbh & Google's slow response to resolve.

J3 wont get droid 10, so stuck with 9 unless going custom.

Can you try another Samsung handset?

Which leads are you using?