*** AmD *** (Please read!)

Grant

Reaction score
Finally I collected my S3 yesterday (Friday 19/12/03) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I had arranged for my car to be booked into AmD between 3pm and 4pm in order to get a remap and a Viper DV fitted. I was told it would take about 2 hours to complete the work.

Due to a couple of accidents, the roads were really really slow up to Bicester, but eventually I made it to AmD at 5:30pm! Bearing in mind that it was a Friday and they close at 6pm, the said they would do the work on my car! I was gobsmacked - I really was expecting them to say that they could do the DV but not the remap, but they agreed to do it without a care to the time on the clock!

These guys at AmD are absolutely fantastic. Not only were they working on my car, they were finishing off a stage 4 upgrade on a RS4, and also a Golf 1.8T GTi which was getting a turbo, suspension and brake upgrade.

My car was completed just before 7:30pm, however I waited to see this guy get his Golf which struggled to keep grip on the rolling road in 3rd! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Anyway, I left at just after 9pm, just as Mr Golf was about to pay his bill. Amazing more than 3 hours overtime - and they don't get paid any extra for it - that commitment for you and exceptional customer service!

Anyway, my before and after figures:

BHP - 220 -> 266
TRQ - 217 -> 300

An amazing difference and in my mind worth every penny!

Sorry for the long post, but I can't thank the guys at AmD enough for there helpfulness and friendliness, and I just wanted everyone to know about my positive experience with this company. AmD in my eyes deserve to be the best and in my eyes... they are!

Cool - will you be able to post the graphs up?

Dunc

I'll get them scanned as soon as - the torque one especially is very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I can't agree with you more about what a great bunch they are at AmD. My daughter was having a few problems with her Golf GTI cutting out on corners. The main dealer couldn't find the problem - suprise suprise. i suggested AmD we went over there after an hour our so they said we've found the problem it's with the throtttle body. We've tried to repair it but it might come back. If it does give us a call and we'll get the parts in. NO CHARGE! Problem returned in a couple of days so back it went to be fixed on Saturday morning. WHAT A GREAT CREW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the feed back on the AMD Crew. You always hear the bad side of companies, its nice to hear of the good.
Its what makes forum like this great !

I now know where my car will be going, when it arrives

What do you guys do about insurance, is there anyway if disabling the re-mapped ECU for audi servicing or whatever.

I know you can use cruise control which to me seems a good option, however I don't have cruise control, is that easily fitted. I taking the wiring loom is alreay there and its just a case of connecting it up.

Dave

Not that I'd advocate not being honest with insurers or dealers but you can turn the remap on and off with the OneClick device AmD are about to launch for VAG cars in January.

Seems to work well with Mini.

Hmmm, it appears my post count has disappeared. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think I'll put it down to the new admin getting used to the system /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I agree.

AmD have always been very good to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Re insurance, everything is declared. If you cant afford or accept the cost, dont modify it.

re cruise control. Search the board, its been covered very recently.

How are you finding the fuel economy.........same, worse, better?

[censored]When[censored] [censored]AmD[censored] [censored]remap[censored] [censored]your[censored] [censored]car[censored], [censored]the[censored] [censored]remap[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]undetectable[censored]. [censored]To[censored] [censored]Audi[censored], [censored]it[censored] [censored]will[censored] [censored]just[censored] [censored]seem[censored] [censored]like[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]normal[censored] [censored]S3[censored] - [censored]with[censored] [censored]abnormal[censored] [censored]power[censored]! <[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="/[censored]ubbthreads[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]graemlins[censored]/[censored]grin[censored].[censored]gif[censored]" [censored]alt[censored]="" />
<[censored]br[censored] />
<[censored]br[censored] />[censored]Difference[censored] [censored]in[censored] [censored]fuel[censored] [censored]economy[censored]... [censored]not[censored] [censored]sure[censored] - [censored]I[censored]'[censored]ve[censored] [censored]only[censored] [censored]got[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]car[censored] [censored]on[censored] [censored]Friday[censored] [censored]afternoon[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]it[censored] [censored]went[censored] [censored]straight[censored] [censored]in[censored] [censored]for[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]remapping[censored]. [censored]Just[censored] [censored]now[censored] [censored]though[censored], [censored]I[censored] [censored]seem[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]be[censored] [censored]getting[censored] [censored]about[censored] [censored]28mpg[censored] ([censored]and[censored] [censored]that[censored]'[censored]s[censored] [censored]mainly[censored] [censored]town[censored] [censored]driving[censored] [censored]with[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]little[censored] [censored]dual[censored] [censored]carriageways[censored] [censored]thrown[censored] [censored]in[censored]).

DO NOT EDIT ANY POSTS&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; you will get above at the minute...

Just post as normal, as they appear to be fine.

Imola S3 - Out of Interest how much was the remap and DV?

Thinking of getting it done myself, but also wanting to go snowboarding a couple of times, Decisions Decisions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
L14MDP said:
Imola S3 - Out of Interest how much was the remap and DV?

Thinking of getting it done myself, but also wanting to go snowboarding a couple of times, Decisions Decisions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
There web site says £750, but they have restructured their pricing (possibly due to the One Click system coming out next month).

Anyway, remap was £550 and Viper DV was £65. Both prices excluding VAT.

If you are getting a DV tell them you are a forum member of AS.net, as they have an agreement that members get them for £65 instead of £85.

Instead of going snowboarding a couple of times, get a remap, a Viper DV and go snowboarding once! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

£550 +vat is cheap because at the AS.Net RR day at AMD last month there was a 'deal' to get the remap at £600 +vat.

Is yours the custom remap or generic one?

Dunc

Are AMD re-mapps really undetectable? Also AMD advised me to book my car in through Wayside Audi in Milton Keynes which wouldnt invalidate my warranty. Is this the only dealership to offer this? And is this true?
Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
DGS3 said:
Are AMD re-mapps really undetectable? Also AMD advised me to book my car in through Wayside Audi in Milton Keynes which wouldnt invalidate my warranty. Is this the only dealership to offer this? And is this true?
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

DGS3, maybe we can help you better by filling out your profile better, otherwise people may think you're on here for the wrong reasons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thats a bummer mate - is the Porsche totally dead or will it be revived and live again?

I suppose if its totally dead, theres another set of Porsche front brakes on the market for all us Audi owners /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DuncS3 said:
£550 +vat is cheap because at the AS.Net RR day at AMD last month there was a 'deal' to get the remap at £600 +vat.

Is yours the custom remap or generic one?

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine's is a custom remap. AmD told me they are in the process of restructuring there prices, possibly due to their new One Click System.