Allroad Suspension problems......

Greenels

Reaction score
Hi,

So day 5 of Allroad ownership and things are already going badly. I knew I would at some point eventually have issues with the suspension.... just not this quickly.

I have phoned the dealer I bought the car from, waiting for a response.... got a feeling this will go south, and typically they aren't local.

Rung my local Indie and they can't look at till the end of the week, wanted them to look at for second opinion and so I knew if dealer is trying to pull fast one...

not sure I trust the dealer given they checked the suspension and claimed it was "sealed" they also claim to have fitted a new pump.

So the problem.....

She goes up and achieves all four levels. Classic Alload problem drops over night. In the morning goes back up no bother. The front is usually lower than the back. If parked on level four Id say shes level 1 on front 2 on rear. If left on anything lower then that, fronts in the arches in morning.

Now here's the odd thing. If I lower her back down she goes down through the levels fine to level 2, but wont achieve level 1, the passenger side of the car sticks at level 2 but the drivers side does drop to one. Dash light comes on sometimes but not every time. If I take key out and restart car the light resets and she will lift back level and then go up as requested.

I have tried this over 2 nights and the problem is fully repeatable. Only thing that's intermittent is the dash light.

Claims to have brand new pump and distribution block was replaced back in 2017. Other then that I have no receipts to confirm any other suspension work.

I welcome peoples thoughts/advice/experiences. Also have I misunderstood how the system works, am I being unreasonable to expect it to hold a level over night? I thought they should, I appreciate that if I left it on the drive for say two weeks not moved it would drop.

Thanks for any help.

I think it could be the front level sensor that’s causing the issues over the block. Do you have access to vagcom/vcds to check what heights the individual sensors are showing?

Air leakage form air bugs or air pip connector. Soapy water test

Attachments

• air system.png
    air system.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 4,561
  • Compressor dryer.jpg
    Compressor dryer.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 938
Thanks for the responses guys. both front bags are leaking so they are being changed by the dealer. They seem to think the leak is causing ALL the problems. Which I would agree the dropping over night thing would be caused by this but not sold that replacing the two front bags will stop the level 1 issue.

Dealer has had the car since Saturday.... it will be Saturday before I can get it back..... the way I am feeling right now I am not even sure I want to see it again.