Allroad rear lower valence "cutout"

simfin

Reaction score
If you were looking at an Allroad A4 and it had the steel plate on the rear cut away, is it likely it definitely has a towbar fitted.

The seller (trade) says it doesnt, but why else would the cutout be there ? I guess they weren't all cut away regardless ?

I have asked for a photo to see what they mean by cutout, as I cant go and check myself at the moment.

I could be wrong, but i have heard others say theirs have the cutout and no tow bar ever fitted on here, some of the valances on models have them ready for a tow bar.

I could be wrong, but i have heard others say theirs have the cutout and no tow bar ever fitted on here, some of the valances on models have them ready for a tow bar.

Thanks, that kind of backs up what the dealer said. Although he is going to send a photo from below to be sure.

:)

hi there mines a a4 b8 2012 and add a cut out to looks sh@t. my mate works at audi he said its for a tow bar and they dont do a cover for it i put some black mesh over it on mine looks better now

Reactions: simfin
From the video there is this "still". I reckon that is a towbar. Socket in the middle and the folding electrics on the left. Am i right? If so, where would the hook be kept, is there a specific place in the car ..

Upload 2017 5 9 19 3 0

Good idea of using some mesh or something to make it look cleaner. Why they didnt use the cut out section with some sort of clips to pop it back in place is just weird.

My 2013 saloon has this cut, iirc sure its a pre-tow bar cut out.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Our B8.5 has the tow bar cutout, but no tow bar. You can tell it's a factory cut as it's 100% perfect and the cuts are smooth as silk, no rough edges.

As for your still, I agree. 99% sure that's a tow bar socket and the electrics off to the side!

Reactions: simfin