Alloys question

KayZed

Reaction score
Hey All,

So, I've jus recently purchased my first Audi A4 2.0 tfsi (2017) s-line on sport suspension. I'm not overly keen on the basic 18inch 5 star alloys it comes with and want to upgrade to some 19's.

Ideally I'm after a second hand set of these black edition style alloys https://www.original-felgen.com/8w0601025cg8auk80.html , but have recently seen a set of these A5 alloys for sale https://www.original-felgen.com/8w0071499fjg3.html.

Dimensions - 8.5J ET32
Tyres - 255/35/19 Michelin CrossClimate
Stud pattern - 5x112
Manufacturer part number - 8W0601025AN

So mine is a 2 part question;

1. Has anyone come across any pics of a A4 b9 sline with them A5 alloys (not sure how good they will look) - if so, can you please send me links.
2. Does anyone know if these alloys will definitely fit, without them causing any issues to ride quality and handling

Would appreciate any help :)

Thanks,
Kay

As the owner of a similar car to you with the same wheels....I also had a courtesy car long-term a couple of years ago when mine was being repaired waiting for parts, it had the 19 wheels.

They did give a notably firmer ride, and also quite a bit more road noise. I love how quiet and smooth my car is, so yes while they looked a lot better, the compromise wouldn't be worth it for me!

Something to consider!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

As the owner of a similar car to you with the same wheels....I also had a courtesy car long-term a couple of years ago when mine was being repaired waiting for parts, it had the 19 wheels.

They did give a notably firmer ride, and also quite a bit more road noise. I love how quiet and smooth my car is, so yes while they looked a lot better, the compromise wouldn't be worth it for me!

Something to consider!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Thanks Greg. I. hear what you're saying. One of the main reasons I went for the car is for a smoother / relaxed ride, but I really can't stand how basic the car looks with them alloys (no offence to anyone who likes them, just preference). I'm hoping the level of extra road noise could be reduced with good quality tyres.

The A5/s5 wheels work well and look great on an a4/s4. I have s5 wheels on my s4 and the lower offset (8mm) pushes the wheels out really nicely into the arches. My thread on a similar journey is here with pics:

I have 19" wheels (245/35/19 along with adaptive suspension) and really wish I had the 17” or 18” wheels instead. The ride is just too firm and unforgiving – for me at any rate! It is a company car which I may chose to buy when the lease ends next January – if I do this I will be looking to change the wheels – if possible to 17”

As an aside, I recently had a 48 hour test drive of a BMW 330e touring – M-Sport, 19” run-flats, adaptive suspension – and I found the ride comfort to be absolutely horrendous!