All Seasons Tyres - 2022

eribaMotters

Reaction score
I've been looking at All Seasons for my 35tfsi. 225 45 R17. There does not appear to be much in the top 5 or 6 tyres with the same names coming up in different reviews.
I'd lined up 4 off Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 3 for £384 at National Tyres, but this morning spotted a deal at Tyres On The Drive [Halfords].
I ordered the Continental All Seasons Contact. They are just over £360 for 4, fitted etc.
Might be of interest to others.

Colin

Last edited:
I got 4 crossclimate 2, 18in, for around £350 last October from Kwik fit. They were on offer and got a Michelin Bluetooth speaker as part of the offer.

They were also on my list. I only discounted them when I found they lacked the rim protection of the Goodyear and Continental.
I think the availability and performance of All Seasons has progressed a good deal over recent years and potential buyers are now spoilt for choice.

Colin

My opinion,

I have the Michelin AS/4 (Ultra High Performance All-Season) tires.
One set on our VW Golf R.
Other set when they arrive on our New Porsche Cayman 718 GT4.

Terry

The Michelin Cross Climates get great reviews for driving performance in all weathers,

I'm running the Cross Climate + on my S3 (225/40R18) and granted they don't have rim protection but is this really a show stopper for prospective buyers. I find them an amazing all rounder offering a huge amount of confidence in wet, greasy and cold conditions with fantastic grip in the dry. I've not yet had chance to try them in the snow but would imagine they are the next level above any Summer tyre. Granted they aren't a sports performance type and they give out a little noise when cornering hard such as big swooping smooth corners and roundabouts, (US readers click here), but over all they come very very highly rated.

When you read the reviews on All Weathers there is little to choose between the top 5 or 6 that repeatedly crop up. They really all are very good. At the end of the day I made my choice on rim protection provided and cost price.

Colin