1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alarm siren saga continues......

kev-s Aug 1, 2018

1. kev-s

kev-s Member

So my alarm siren wasn't making any noise when i arm or disarm the system

Also didn't make any noise when i triggered the system

When i locked the car the l.e.d rapidly flashed a few times, went solid red for a bit then began flashing like normal

Opened up the siren, checked the batteries and they didn't have a full charge so presumed they were faulty

I just bought another siren, from a trusted breaker, tested before shipping

Connected it up to the car and still the same, no siren sound when arming, disarming or triggering the alarm

Still going through the same l.e.d sequence of rapidly flashing, solid red then steady flashing as normal

Anyone got any ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. martin1984

martin1984 Well-Known Member Team Silver TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Have you tested the new siren from your seller by hooking it up to a power source before fitting to car ?
    Have you had a vcds scan for faults ?
    Also worth checking that the conecter that goes to siren is working.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. kev-s

kev-s Member

Not tested the siren but trust the seller

No access to vcds in my area (checked the map on here)

Have checked the wiring and connector with a voltmeter and it has power

Wondering if the convenience unit isnt sending a signal to the siren when the alarm is going off

Think I might have to set the alarm off whilst checking the connector with a multi meter and see if its sending a signal

martin1984 likes this.
  5. boffin486

boffin486 Well-Known Member

I may be wrong - but I think You can switch off the 'warning' beeps (so it only flashes the indicators) with VCDS. Maybe this has happened by accident - a Scan is probably required.
    Tricky - may have to go to the main stealer unfortunately......

6. kev-s

kev-s Member

I rid read somewhere that you can turn off the arming and disarming beeps but when I purposely trigger the alarm system by making it think the car is being stolen the alarm siren should sound

Dont really want go to the main steeler if I can help it, car is garaged at night and in a secure car park during the day so not too worried about sorting it asap

7. TotalTechnik

TotalTechnik New Member

Here's a link to removing a replacing the alarm siren which may help:

DieselJake likes this.
  8. kev-s

kev-s Member

Thanks but ive already removed the siren and fitted another, checked the wiring

Next stop will be the comfort unit once I can find the time