Alarm going off all night!

Gonzokew

Reaction score
had to disconnect my battery at 0400 this morning half asleep as my alarm was going off constantly. No matter if opened the car via key fob or start the car the alarm would carry on going!!!

Disconnected battery for now but believe the siren in the boot maybe the issue

I do remember getting 4 beeps occasionally when I started the car so more than likely the problem.

I'll try to locate and buy one today however if someone could agree with what I'm thinking for peace of mine that would be great.

Thanks

TPS have one for £130 all in with a bit of discount so will pick that up tomorrow hopefully solve my issue.

Not looking forward to finding the little ****** though!

Is this the siren in the boot mate? Would this be plug and play

4 beeps is the sign the internal battery is going flat... if its going off all the time you can check fault codes as alarm triggers register as faults or more likely the sirens PCB has corroded from the leaking batteries and is triggering thinking its been disconnected from the battery..

I suspect either way the best bet is to replace it...

Use the ASN parts request to get best prices for genuine parts... note that this is a common problem and IMO only two ways to fix... buy a new part or try and repair the old one with new batteries (tricky but doable assuming the PCB has not been dissolved by battery acid and is salvageable... and guides are in the FAQs)... buying secondhand is pointless as they are of an age where this is happening frequently so any used part is going to do the same thing sooner rather than later

<tuffty/>

Update:

Tackled the removal of the siren this morning and it sure t tools in there deep!!!

Got the old one out eventually and just need to drill the hole for the bracket slightly bigger as this is an m8 thread. New one looks a little better so hopefully will get the rest installed this weekend. Took part the old unit just to see and it definitely needed doing.

Glad I bought a new one no point trying to repair something this far gone haha