Airbag warning light - what have I done?

vidacalavera

Reaction score
Since getting my S3, I've been getting it ship shape. Although it was pretty clean, the previous owner had spilt a nasty drink and tobacco (I think it was) down the centre trim. This weekend I took the centre trim out and gave it a thorough clean and took the opportunity to do an ashtray delete and generally tidy it up. Everything went back together fine - air con face, centre plastic trim bolted back, DSG plugged back in, surrounds clipped back in, armrest bolted back. Everything is back fine and working - except I now have an airbag light on. This baffles me as I haven't been anywhere near an airbag or the glovebox. I've had the seats back wards and forwards but can't see any wires underneath that I might have caught. Can anyone shine a light on this for me? What have I done?

I'd scan it first to see what airbag it is, Could be the steering wheel to the seats, No point in ripping things apart without knowing where the problem is :p

I'd scan it first to see what airbag it is, Could be the steering wheel to the seats, No point in ripping things apart without knowing where the problem is :p
That's good advice. I've been trying to find someone close to me that could do it with no luck! If anyone knows anyone in the Doncaster/Barnsley area that could plug me in, I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like it's probably something to do with the seats moving, check under the flap for a loose or trapped pre-tensioner wire or something, unless you've knowingly unplugged anything, it's the most likely cause.

Sounds like it's probably something to do with the seats moving, check under the flap for a loose or trapped pre-tensioner wire or something, unless you've knowingly unplugged anything, it's the most likely cause.
That's what I thought may have happened but not sure where exactly. I'll get a read out I think.

Just a heads up if you're in the Doncaster/South Yorkshire area - I went and got my airbag warning light issue sorted over the weekend, as well as getting a few little extras coded in and am very happy! So if you need anything like this doing, I highly recommend contacting Adam at South Yorkshire VCDS (he's on here and also has FB page).