Air vents swap PFL to FL

lsuhe

Reaction score
Hi,
One of my few posts as love coming here and reading lots. I currently have 2013 2.0 TDI sportback which has the really good airvents that have the option of diffusing or blow direct air. I really like this, however I have traded in my 4.7 ish year old TDI for an new e-tron. I noticed that FL models no longer have the more complex option of the diffuser and have more basic air vents.

I wish to try and purchase either PFL or FL versions of the 4 front air vents so can swap those into my current car before it is exchanged (P-Ex) for my new e-tron around I hope early November.
I currently have the part 8V0820901 A as the front air vents. I would ideally like to buy a set of 4 either PFL or FL versions so that I can either swap FL into current car, or purchase PFL ones the same as I have so that I can swap these into my new car.

I have looked on ebay and seem about £25 each, but I do not know the part number to search for for the FL version which I hope may be cheaper to purchase?
If any one has any recommendations of where to purchase these from as happy buying used as can swap used into old car and take current ones to new car.

Many thanks in advance
Chris

current airvents I wish to keep and transfer or get same to put into existing car (PFL) or other FL versions I can swap into my car so can take my current pictured vents to new car.
Many thanks in advance for any ideas of where to ideally get set of 4 from?
Chris

Attachments

• 20170910_150743-1.jpg
    20170910_150743-1.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 20170910_150757-1.jpg
    20170910_150757-1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 20170910_150804-1.jpg
    20170910_150804-1.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 188
I'm amazed that the latest model is downgraded in this respect. I really like how you can change the air delivery by pulling/pushing on the centre boss of the air vent.

It seems yet another example (like the door reflectors instead of lights) of cost cutting by Audi. No benefit to the consumer - just more profit for the factory. Not a good indication of future direction of Audi product planning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd suggest keeping an eye out on eBay as I managed to get 4 pretty much brand PFL new vents from a breakers yard for only £50 as I plan on swapping out my FL vents and making the PFL vents like the red ones found in RS3's.

If I'd known about the loss of the air vent delivery function I would've swapped out the vents in my old A3 before I sold it!

I might not be remembering this right but I'm sure someone mentioned possibly on the strip down thread where there's a guide to painting these diffuser flaps red, the fl models do have the diffuser function but it's stopped from operating by a little locking tab which you can remove or possibly it was american cars which had the locking tab?. (I know I've read something about it on here somewhere!!)

Reactions: OST