Air Con Intermittent problems

smoking_bob

Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly its a 1999 S4.

I bought the car at the weekend, after 2 test drives over the last few weekends. the air con was fine, everything worked. At the moment though no matter if the system in in aircom or manual mode the fan never seems to spin up. It did this morning and cleared the windows but this evening on the way home i could not get it to work. And after a quick check just now its the same, (it did this yesterday as well) So it looks at the moment like an intermittent issue. i need the car for the next few weekends so i wont get time to drop it back, so i'm just looking for some basic troubleshoting. I will check the fuse. BUt i have never had a car with air con, i know the basics but what shoud i check for. I thought it was user error :crying: but after reading the manual it seems like its the car and not me. Not a massive issue, the car is fantastic and will be perfect once i get this sorted.

Cheers in advance

rob

The aircon pump wont switch on under temps of 5c, that could be it.

Sounds like it to me, I was confused when mine did it the first time, it will bring the aircon symbol up for a split second then go off but once its warm enough it will just go back to working normally.