Air con fan position selection problems

crimeblitz

Reaction score
Hey guys, only had my 2013 A3 a month and went to direct the fans down to the footwell this week with the automatic air conditioner controls. It barely feels like anything is coming out from the footwell vents and when i select mid dash fan position, only the two outers blow air through. When selecting the windscreen position, i get fans to the windscreen and the two centre fans. Is this correct and its some weird Audi thing or do i have a problem?

I've got fault codes :

65543 for air con and heater

Last edited:
Hey guys, only had my 2013 A3 a month and went to direct the fans down to the footwell this week with the automatic air conditioner controls. It barely feels like anything is coming out from the footwell vents and when i select mid dash fan position, only the two outers blow air through. When selecting the windscreen position, i get fans to the windscreen and the two centre fans. Is this correct and its some weird Audi thing or do i have a problem?

I've got fault codes :

65543 for air con and heater
Need to post up an un-edited Auto-scan in order for us to be able to assist.

i used Carista so i only get those codes im afraid. so i take it it is normal that the selector buttons don't correspond fully with where you would expect?

i used Carista so i only get those codes im afraid. so i take it it is normal that the selector buttons don't correspond fully with where you would expect?
Suggest getting the car over to someone who can complete a scan via a proper tool. If in or around north London I can help.

No, my experience with both the PFL and FL carts is that the "selector" buttons do what they say on them.