Air con compressor 2007 a4 avant 2.0 tdi

noelpen

Reaction score
When i switch the ignition on my air con light (eon) is always on if i press the switch to turn it off it still stays illuminated.
I think the air con compressor has developed a bit of a rattle (possibly bearing) but i cant understand why i cant turn the air con off,does this point to a fault with the compressor if so what is causing it.

Tia Noel

Hi! Could be just that You're out of refrigerant, at least that's what happened to me - except my ac was still working (was blowing cold air), just making sounds. At the shop they said that when refrigerant level is low AC could make noises. I suggest You visit garage with knowledge in AC, they'll check the level of gas and for leaks, at least You'll be able to rule out the simplest solution. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi! Could be just that You're out of refrigerant, at least that's what happened to me - except my ac was still working (was blowing cold air), just making sounds. At the shop they said that when refrigerant level is low AC could make noises. I suggest You visit garage with knowledge in AC, they'll check the level of gas and for leaks, at least You'll be able to rule out the simplest solution. Good luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Been reading a few threads and i think you may be right.but i wont be going down the halfrauds or kwik fit route.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Been reading a few threads and i think you may be right.but i wont be going down the halfrauds or kwik fit route.

All sorted just needed re gassing.Result

Reactions: Sibmets